toine

Namibia 3 week self-drive - Desert Elephants, Desert Lions, Himba, Etosha

toine

So, that's all for the report of last year...! Our third trip was planned for next month, but that's not going to happen, as it seems. If you like to see more trip reports, check out my report of an almost 4 week self-drive safari to Namibia and Botswana.

I'm going to post a few videos from the riverbeds, here's a first one. I'm not sure about the video quality here, maybe on Youtube it's better...

This is in the Huab riverbed. We had been following this herd for a few hours already and it was increasingly obvious that they accepted our presence, at closer and closer range. It was still not easy for me to simply not drive away and keep a distance... This time I decided to not drive away. We were on the side of the riverbed and not direct in the middle of their path. We always had our engine off when not driving. And as you notice, at this occasion I even stopped taking photos, and not make any noise or movement anymore. You don't want to experience this anyway through your camera view-finder...!!! When you respect them, they'll respect you. More videos to come!

Biko

Majestic! Thanks for this great Tripreport.

toine
4 minutes ago, Biko said:

Majestic! Thanks for this great Tripreport.

@Biko glad you enjoyed! It's a pleasure to share.

BRACQUENE

@toine

I might be tempted to visit Namibia in the near future or combine it with Botswana after reading this exciting TR ! 

KiwiGran

Wonderful TR. Thank you. very much.

madaboutcheetah

Superb report - Thank You

Bush dog

Great photography and good advertising for Toyota:D

Zim Girl

Great trip report with some really beautiful pictures, enjoyed reading it!

toine
21 hours ago, BRACQUENE said:

@toine

I might be tempted to visit Namibia in the near future or combine it with Botswana after reading this exciting TR ! 

@BRACQUENE go for it! And it's a perfect combination to do both, and indeed add the Victoria Falls :)

toine
1 hour ago, Bush dog said:

Great photography and good advertising for Toyota:D

@Bush dog I'd wish Toyota would agree, I would be happy to test one of their newer models in return for some photos :)

elefromoz

@toine, very nice report and great photography