Sharon's second time around

shazdwn

That certainly is a great collection. Some nice birds. Did you actually find time to visit your Dad in between?

Too many great birds to single one out, yet the Superb Fairy Wren is indeed superb!

what a great haul from Victoria! very close to a century now....

Many beautiful and exciting additions, yes, the Fairy Wren stands out, but the New Holland Honey-eater is a striking bird, too!

Peter Connan

Really excellent progress! With such stunning locals I do w9nder why anyone imported pests like the Mynahs and Starlings.

14 hours ago, Peter Connan said:

Really excellent progress! With such stunning locals I do w9nder why anyone imported pests like the Mynahs and Starlings.

Yes I agree, although I think at least some of them were stowaways :ph34r: and not intentional imports

michael-ibk

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Great new additions, I always enjoy seeing Australia´s great birds. The Fairywren is a standout indeed, and I love all the colourful Lorikeet et al. But also the Dotterel a lot, that´s a very nice colour variation for a Plover.

Wonderful additions, from Victoria and NT

I am really enjoying your thread!

Dave Williams

Fabulous collection. I suppose familiarity breeds complacency but when I saw your Magpie I thought why can't ours look as magnificent as that. Then I had second thoughts and decided ours have their own merits too.There are however so many species you have that we can't get close to although not all are strikingly stunning. I do wonder if I will ever get to see them for myself. One day perhaps.

@Soukous @xelas @Galana @Kitsafari @PeterHG @Peter Connan @michael-ibk @TonyQ and @Dave Williamsthank you for your kind words.

@Dave WilliamsI have always thought your magpies were quite beautiful, as you say the exotic often has more appeal than the familiar. I do hope you make it to Australia one day, we are extremely blessed with  unique birds and other wildlife .

A couple I just realised I missed from Melbourne

92/NT- Little Raven - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - 17/04/21

_03A0235 - Copy.jpg

An ebc but not found locally, very common bird so I forgot to get a better shot!

93/NT- Noisy Miner - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - 19/04/21

_03A1202 - Copy.jpg

And back to the NT

94/NT59 Bar-breasted Honeyeater, Fogg Dam, Northern Territory, Australia - 11/04/2021

_03A9586-Edit - Copy.jpg

95/NT60 Little Black Cormorant, Fogg Dam, Northern Territory, Australia - 11/04/2021

_03A9700 - Copy.jpg

96/NT61 Varied Triller, Fogg Dam, Northern Territory, Australia - 11/04/2021

_03A9860.jpg

97/NT62 Grey Whistler, Fogg Dam, Northern Territory, Australia - 11/04/2021

_03A9969 - Copy.jpg

98/NT63 Black-necked Stork, Corroboree Billabong, Northern Territory, 25/04/2021

_03A1320 - Copy.jpg

And a couple from the yard

99/NT64 Spangled Drongo, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia 2/05/2021

_03A1355 - Copy.jpg

This is the first time we have seen this little bird in our yard, which is why it gets to be this year's number 100.

100/NT65 Mistletoebird - Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia 2/05/2021

_03A1350A - Copy.jpg

Dave Williams

Excellent, another centurion!

A splendid 100

Congrats on the century 

Congratulation on reaching #100! 

Kitsafari

congrats on the 100th! 

From me too. 100 up is good to see.