OK, let's see what turns up - BY 2021

Soukous

Excellent photos of the Diver, @Soukousand I’m sorry to hear about the cancellation of your plans for Christmas and the New Year. These are difficult times for yet another year…

so sorry to hear your travel plans have gone awry. 

Great Diver shots - a species I am still missing! Very sorry about the virus spoiling your holiday plans  - again!

On 12/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, michael-ibk said:

Very sorry about the virus spoiling your holiday plans  - again!

On 12/24/2021 at 2:07 AM, Kitsafari said:

so sorry to hear your travel plans have gone awry. 

On 12/21/2021 at 7:09 PM, TonyQ said:

Sorry to hear about your plans being cancelled 

Thanks all for your kind thoughts. 

If there is one upside to the Covid-19 pandemic it must be that it has taught us to be more accepting of plans being disrupted and far better at just taking in our stride and moving on. 

Christmas turned out to be fun anyway.

Now, let us hope 2022 is a much better year

Goodbye to all that

As 2021 draws its final breaths I can safely say that there will be no additions to my BY tally. A quick look at the weather forecast confirms that I won't be going out with my camera in on the day and a half that remains of the year.

It was a disappointing year in which I didn't even get close to my modest target of 200 species.

I didn't even manage 150; a meagre 142 was as many as I was able to find and photograph.

Of those there were 23 species which I had not photographed in previous years. 

Now the focus is on 2022 and the hope is that some of the trips that have been knocked on from 2020 & 2021 will finally materialise. 

Bring it on!

On 12/30/2021 at 1:15 PM, Soukous said:

some of the trips that have been knocked on from 2020 & 2021 will finally materialise. 

Go for it. They say that it is better to travel than to arrive but I would like the chance to prove it once more.

Dave Williams

You finished on a high with the Diver though. 142 is a very creditable score , most of us are around that mark for the UK I think.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:45 PM, Soukous said:

Now the focus is on 2022 and the hope is that some of the trips that have been knocked on from 2020 & 2021 will finally materialise. 

I hope so!!