PeterHG’s sixth. Wherever it may take us.

PeterHG

Beautiful Avocets to mark your century!

an impressive and truly beautiful century

The weather has prevented any further trip, but the garden provided an addition anyway.

108 /NL 108. Eurasian Collared Dove. Amersfoort, 8/4

i-rQp24Wb-XL.jpg

For the past few days the Dove has tried to make use of the window feeder and it stubbornly refuses to accept defeat. Taken with the iphone......

i-g5mfQmZ-XL.jpg

Dave Williams

The Grey Partridge is a cracking shot. I have only ever seen one...in Bulgaria.

michael-ibk

Congrats on getting past #100 Peter, well done. Avocet is a good pick for that milestone, I like them a lot. Ah, and you also got your Bluethroat - nice!

Our local lake, just 200 metres from where I live, is home to a pair of Kingfishers.  Overzealous photographers, however, regularly climb the fence and descend to the waterfront through the trees to get a better view of the bird. On occasion I do tell them that the banks are off-limit and they will disturb the Kingfisher, but it is a battle I'm bound to lose. I fear the birds will be gone soon. I took my picture form the other side of the lake. Quite far away, so a heavy crop, but a perfectly safe distance.

109 / NL 109. Kingfisher. Amersfoort, 15/4

i-2SCXMWJ-XL.jpg

This morning I went to the Arkemheen area, my usual haunt, to try out the MKIII body, which I recently purchased. It seems to be even a little snappier in AF performance that the previous one. I noticed this immature Gull approaching and I immediately suspected that it might not be a Herring Gull. I was right.

110 /NL 110. Caspian Gull, Arkemheen, 17/4

i-wN5Bx6w-XL.jpg

Just now, PeterHG said:

This morning I went to the Arkemheen area, my usual haunt, to try out the MKIII body, which I recently purchased.

Ooh, exciting. I always love trying out new equipment. The main battle is to stop myself giving in to temptation and buying it in the first place.

Just for the fun of it I added the 2x converter to the 300mm lens, making it the effective equivalent of 1200mm FF. As a bonus a Spotted Redshank in its beautiful summer plumage flew by. At such a focal length it took me a little longer to find the bird, but I'm glad I succeeded.

111 / NL 111 Spotted Redshank. Arkemheen

i-qHnmpsB-X2.jpg

And a few I've already counted...

i-5ZW4Hgh-X2.jpg

i-Sbtfz7S-X2.jpg

That Spotted Redshank is a great advertisement both for your own skills and the ability of Olympus autofocus & stabilisation system 

michael-ibk

It is indeed - wow, what a range. Top quality as always Peter, no matter what kit you are using.

Fantastic Spotted Redshank, Peter.

Peter Connan

Stunning shots!

That redshank shot is stunning, love the pair of grebes too

On 4/24/2021 at 6:43 AM, shazdwn said:

That redshank shot is stunning, love the pair of grebes too

x2

We travelled to the northern parts of the country where we had rented a cottage for a few days. There was a cold northerly wind throughout, but also some sunshine and we could visit some spots that could produce some new birds for this year. The first one was way too far for a nice photo and I do hope to get a better shot later on, but for now this is it:

112/ NL 112. Common Snipe. Groningen, 19/4

i-ZP5cFMm-L.jpg

Edited by PeterHG

Didn't I have this one yet? No, I didn't, so a rather cheap addition ;)

113. NL 113. Mallard, Groningen, 19/4

i-zNsVvtV-XL.jpg

Edited by PeterHG

114/ NL 114. Reed Bunting. Groningen, 19/4

i-94gxLwq-XL.jpg

115 / NL 115. Egyptian Goose. Groningen, 20/4

i-pKngXtj-XL.jpg

116 /NL 116. Tree Pipit. Groningen, 20/4

i-dFF5HNR-XL.jpg

117. / NL 117. Meadow Pipit. Groningen 20/4

i-S65V6d8-X2.jpg

118 / NL 118. European Stonechat. Groningen 21/4