PeterHG’s sixth. Wherever it may take us.

139 / NL 139. Little Owl. Arkemheen, 7/5. Well a true EBC, but it's been some years since I've even seen one.

i-BdLSDgN-XL.jpg

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PeterHG

• Galana

• Soukous

• michael-ibk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had heard a Black Woodpecker call somewhere in the trees, but even though this is one of the areas where they can be found, we rarely see one. But we got lucky this time:   56 /NL 56. Bla

A little walk to our local lake proved that the female Mandarin duck was still around. I had seen it once in December, but had not been able to find it again until now.   32 / NL 32. Mandari

The woodpeckers were very active, but they stayed high up in the trees   54 /NL 54. Great Spotted Woodpecker. Leusden, 14/1  

140 / NL 140. Pied Flycatcher. Leusden, 8/5. Another one I had not seen for a number of years.

i-5DKjHHM-XL.jpg

An a duplicate, but I just loved catching one in its display flight. Common Whitethroat.

i-xC2zBTn-XL.jpg

Some more lovely captures and even an EBC. Re the Baikal. When you first posted I thought 'escape' but when I googled a couple of searches I found that there are 'rumours' of a breeding flock of 'escapes' in central europe.

Whist I would not wish to see captive birds counted if the thing is free winged I see no harm in counting it.

NB. Just don't go round some guys exotic collection and open all the gates.:(

Thanks for your thoughts, Fred. 

35 minutes ago, Galana said:

Just don't go round some guys exotic collection and open all the gates.

Now there's a thought...:)

michael-ibk

Great Whitethroat shot, spectacular! Yeah, Cuckoo is always such a toughie - I have a terrible photo waiting to be unleashed on the poor BY audience but I´m still hopeful I´ll get a decent one. And I´d post any Little Owl photo - another species I have yet to see in Austria.

Darn good shot of the Cuckoo, Peter. So far I can only hear them, in far distance :(.

Soukous

Lovely shots Peter. I'm enjoying them all

Wow that teal sounds like a great sighting, even if distant.  Love the whitethroat in flight shot