PeterHG’s sixth. Wherever it may take us.

PeterHG

This morning I took another drive in the same area. Unfortunately a persisitent fog prevented the sun from coming out, but I did see one new addition.

164 /NL 164. Green Sandpiper. Arkemheen, June

i-z2g2cvq-L.jpg

And a newly born swan was taking its first steps, well protected by its massive father...

i-N7wGv29-L.jpg

Quite a worthwhile outing and some excellent portraits as usual.

michael-ibk

Nice that your son is joining you now - must be very enjoyable. Have never seen a Hooded Merganser, cool birds. Those Green Sandpipers are not breeding there, are they? Might be the first migrants on their way back - autumn migration has started then. :)

stunning photos as always! Beautiful shots of the raptors and what a beautiful black tern in flight. 

Excellent photos, the cuckoo in flight is an amazing shot!

• 4 weeks later...

Really stunning set of new additions.  

Dave Williams

You have some really enviable birds in your BY ...and shots to match. gone quiet of late though, hope all is OK.

On 7/19/2021 at 2:31 PM, Dave Williams said:

hope all is OK.

Yes it is, Dave, thank you. Birding has been very quiet lately and my mind has been more on family matters than on going out with the camera. I do have some additions to share, though. In the first week of July we spent some days in the east of the country. I did not get any good photo opportunities, but we found  some species there that we rarely get over here.

165 / NL 165. Eurasian Hobby. Overijssel, July. In the middle of the day and with the wrong lens, but I probably won't get another opportunity

i-ch7sXNp-L.jpg

Edited by PeterHG

166 /NL 166. Common Redstart. Overijssel, July

i-392nBnS-XL.jpg

167 /NL 167. Grey Wagtail. Overijssel, July. Typically a bird that can only be found in the east and south-east of the country as that is where the fast flowing streams are. We only saw one on a walk, so happy with that.

i-dbtK3QZ-L.jpg

A week or so ago we took a walk in a wetland area we had not visited before, about half an hour's drive from here. We found Black Terns there and not much else until this bird unexpectedly flew by. Distant, but we were delighted to actually have seen one this year.

168 /NL 168. Eurasian Bittern. Utrecht, July

i-ZXxHGpJ-L.jpg

And from our local patch:

169 /NL 169. Stock Dove. Arkemheen, July

i-4Jrm5G8-XL.jpg

And a few duplicates (and in some cases improvements on previous photos)

Common Linnet

i-trnBL2L-XL.jpg

Northern Shoveler

i-t2tg2MX-L.jpg

Eurasian Reed Warbler

i-V9ZxLwM-XL.jpg

Barn Swallows

i-N2QN6r4-XL.jpg

Little Owl

i-Sz2HrXT-XL.jpg

After studying my BY spreadsheet, it seems that I had not yet included these two:

170 /NL 170. Northern Lapwing. Zouweboezem, June

i-TqCLG3J-XL.jpg

171 /NL 171. Willow Warbler. Texel, May. I was probably expecting to take a better shot later on, but I doubt that will happen now.

i-ztHW76W-L.jpg

Dave Williams

Good to hear all is well Peter. It's going to get very quiet bird wise here soon. I have been looking at the gaps I can fill and it's a tough call to get to 150  unless I go mad and book a trip abroad but the chances of that are just that SO you are already guaranteed to leave me in your wake. Well done.

Hobby, Bittern. What is not to like with those?

Good to hear you are safe and well.

Peter Connan

Incredible shot of the Lapwing! 

Towlersonsafari

the redstart, swallows and little owl photo's are lovely @PeterHG May I ask what image processing and editing software you use?

A brilliant Bittern shot, well done!

2 hours ago, Towlersonsafari said:

May I ask what image processing and editing software you use?

Thank you. I use Lightroom CC and (when needed) Topaz Denoise.

Towlersonsafari

Thank you. @PeterHG.That is very helpful

great shot of the lapwing!

Excellent job with finding all these birds, and taking beautiful photos. Is "Green card" enough to enter The Netherlands? There will be no Battle of Grolle this year :(.

5 hours ago, xelas said:

Is "Green card" enough to enter The Netherlands?

That depends on the status of the country one is travelling from. If the country is yellow/orange/ amber a green card ( I take it that it's a proof of full vaccination?) is enough. If one comes from a 'red' country, a recent negative test is required, even if the person has been vaccinated. The other consideration for travellers is, of course, that we are a very red country ourselves..,,

michael-ibk

Very impressed with the Stock Dove, and great Bittern sighting!