Michael´s Sixth Year

michael-ibk

wow what an intensive birding African trip it was. and an astounding count for a covid-19 restriction year. 

Congratulations! you worked hard, timed  it hard and well, played hard. and you've leapt far ahead leaving us all in dust in your trail!

here's to you beating your 2021 count in 2022. 

ps. pse note that I like every photo even if i didn't physically do so.  i had to save my trigger finger from hurting when going through 6-7 pages of your birds ! 

Great score for BY 2021, Michael, with a good number of lifers in there to keep you happy!!

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with 2022.

A magnificent score for 2021. It has taken me a long time to catch-up with your photos as I wanted time to admire them. A wonderful selection from Kenya - a really good mix of environments.

Most of your EBCs are rather weak efforts:)

Looking forward to your 2022!

I am in total admiration @michael-ibk for your achievement and as I am more and more into birds ( without being a birder yet ) it seems that starting to follow your Big Year 2021 at its final conclusion was the right thing to do in my learning process which doesn't mean that I will forget the other players of course but before starting one of my own as you suggested (there are other Peter's on this Forum so I should perhaps use my pseudonym Hercules :D ) it might be useful to see how the experienced players do and step in when i feel that I am ready ; 2022 could give me some opportunities though if al goes according to plan because a second trip besides Zambia is in the making but more about that soon !

What a tease!

We knew you had more than 499 somewhere and were right.

Well done nevertheless.

Phew, you have finished 2021 with a bang! Congratulations on your dedication to travel even in such a complicated circumstances. 

Surprise surprise! Nobody guessed that you had more than 499:P.

What a score Michael, truly impresive, I´m glad that your Portugal vacation helped a little on your count ^_^.

Edited by pedro maia

An amazing score, Michael, both for Kenya and the year total, with many wonderful photos. I really loved seeing your extensive Africa collection!

Peter Connan

What a fantastic effort Michael!

On 1/8/2022 at 5:17 PM, michael-ibk said:

Hope to see ALL of you in the Big Year 2022

Looks like a great excuse for a group outing.

Still getting through the new ones but those sunbirds - wow! (and yes I am a sucker for a bit of bling on a bird - guilty as charged).