This is not a Big Year - Pedro´s 2021

pedro maia

#133, Orange-backed troupial

1704744173_IMG_1866Orange-backedtroupial.jpg.017aaac00d16bb5d348fb395052af4d5.jpg

1208559193_IMG_1868Orange-backedtroupial.jpg.af85e4ec85db5e8c71cdae92393792c2.jpg

And that´s it from Pantanal, I think it wasn´t a bad result for a 6 day trip, considering that we didn´t have a guide and that 3 days were spent in the river, where I saw and photographed many birds but the main goal was to look for jaguars.

Thanks a lot @pedro maiaIt was a fantastic result in my opinion ; the Pantanal is a future trip for me , not next year but probably in 2023 if all goes according to plan 

that's a great count for a short trip without a birding guide! and a lovely bird to round up your Pantanal count with. I look forward to your TR!

Fantastic Panatal birds 

Dave Williams

All that in 6 days! Amazing. Some stunning birds but the two favourites I'd love to see and photograph would be the Sun Bittern and Skimmers... as well as those Kingfishers,Woodpeckers, well all of them really!

Pleased you retrieved your photos and well done on the ton too.

On 11/14/2021 at 12:23 PM, pedro maia said:

3 days were spent in the river,

That was brave, hope your equipment stayed dry :P

An excellent collection of Pantanal birds. I've really enjoyed seeing them! Yet another destination added to the wishlist....

On 11/5/2021 at 4:30 PM, Soukous said:

Beautiful additions.

I'm only a little upset that I spent 4 hours to get just 1 new tick and you've hit us with another 14, any one of which makes mine look dull.

add to that the fact that in 6 days you got as many species as I have managed in more than 10 months :angry:

2 hours ago, Soukous said:

add to that the fact that in 6 days you got as many species as I have managed in more than 10 months :angry:

You should spend some days in the river :P.

Thanks for the comments, @BRACQUENE, @Kitsafari, @shazdwn, @Dave Williams, @xelas, @Soukous, @PeterHG, Pantanal is really a great place for birding, if I was a proper birder the count could be much higher, no doubt about that.

Now it’s time to start working on the TR.

A brilliant set of additions from the Pantanal, well done.

You brought many memories back. You saw more birds than we did - we were not birders then, but it certainly pushed us towards becoming birders!

I really enjoyed your photos 

5 hours ago, TonyQ said:

A brilliant set of additions from the Pantanal, well done.

You brought many memories back. You saw more birds than we did - we were not birders then, but it certainly pushed us towards becoming birders!

I really enjoyed your photos 

Thanks Tony, I also saw many more birds than in our first visit in 2013, by then it was imposible not to enjoy the amount of birds that were everywhere but now i was actively looking for them.

Wonderful collection Pedro, you really got a lot. A remarkable count for six days, well done indeed! 

3 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

Wonderful collection Pedro, you really got a lot. A remarkable count for six days, well done indeed! 

Thanks Michael, are you still in Kenya?

Only for one more hour, waiting to board my plane back home. :)