Uganda June 2021 - A Safari for Remarkable Primates and Marvellous Birds

Athene

@adamt123

Thank you for your very enjoyable and informative trip report. I can't believe how many different birds you have seen. Beautiful pictures - my favourite is the shoebill. I also like the picures of the scenic landscapes.

Your Gorilla experience was  interesting as we plan to see them in Rwanda this year in August. I am also having problems with the high altitude:(.

We have not been to Uganda yet, but hope to do so in the forseeable future.

Have a great time in South Africa!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adamt123

• Atravelynn

• Atdahl

• michael-ibk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To begin with, three important topics to cover - our tour operator, coronavirus and cameras.    Mamaland   I honestly have nothing but praise for Mamaland and they are easily the m

Lake Mburo Boat Cruise and Game Drive   Driving from Hyena Hill to the launch site on Lake Mburo was about a 30m drive through the national park. Within ten minutes we had observed out first

Day 1 – Entebbe to Lake Mburo    Having arrived from Amsterdam via Kigali late in the evening we went straight to the Protea Entebbe. I do like this hotel a lot and I have written on it in m

Posted Images

adamt123

Thanks @Athene- it’s wonderfully warm here in SA. Rwanda sounds very exciting; on the gorillas, I would say that I hadn’t done any training or extra practise exercise specifically for Bwindi - I’m not sure if that might help.

Just for reference for medication I take salbutamol and salmeterol and I think I stopped maybe two or three times on the trek to take a few puffs. To be honest, it’s not something that I really thought about before it hit me on the trek and I think maybe that sudden and somewhat unexpected feeling of difficulty breathing is what made it more difficult for me. Just travel at a pace you are comfortable with and take breaks as you need them - I’m sure you’ll be fine :)

And great Samburu report by the way - I’m trying to convince my sister to go on her first safari to Kenya and I think you’re beautiful photos should do the trick :)

Athene

@adamt123 

You are already in SA - wonderful!

I will follow your advice regarding the pace. It's also good to hear that there is a medication. I will look into that as well.

I also think Kenya is a good destination for someone who has never been on safari before. Thank you for your kind words.

Just to clarify @AtheneI take those medicines because I have a lung condition (asthma) and they are prescribed by my doctor - if you don't have a pre-existing medical condition you really shouldn't worry too much 

michael-ibk

Thanks for a very enjoyable report, you really saw a lot and managed to take many beautiful photos even despite the camera problems. Well done! Of course I absolutely adore your Shoebill shots - what a perfect sighting. Enjoy South Africa!