Reach for the skies!!! My tern to fly high!

Dave Williams

michael-ibk

Awesome Dave! The Barn Owl is just super! Really enjoyed your Cuba collection, that Tanager photo with the berry being the crown piece for me.

Dave Williams

Out Dipper hunting yesterday proved more difficult than expected. Three spots which are usually "bankers' provided fly pasts or , like this one not ideal poses!

There's a local "beauty spot/tourist attraction" and the Dipper nest behind the waterfall.

IMG_5048.jpg.01738753cf9308d372a7b575f888a8cb.jpg

This shot was taken of one perched on a narrow ledge on the left hand side of the waterfall. They must love water because the air was full of drops of water and the down draught has it swirling all over the cliff.

74) Dipper

51945305921_7976cd39ed_b.jpgDipper.    BY74 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

Having been a bit disappointed with the Dipper, I moved down to the beach where the Cormorants were waiting for the incoming tide and enjoying a bit of sun.

Easily overlooked as a big black bird, the Cormorant, in the right light and particularly when in breeding plumage is a spectacular bird.

75)Great Cormorant

51945922220_c20e854e9b_b.jpgGreat Cormorant.  BY75 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

The Dipper is excellent, I would not be disappointed. The two Cormorants are beautiful birds! 3/4 of a century ... and closing fast.

wow your shots make the dipper and cormorants look stunning!

Dave Williams

A tip off that we had 6 Garganey in full breeding plumage had me decide to investigate but sadly they were so far away I'm not going to use them until I'desperate!:D

Meantime, here's a 76)Coot !

51953231219_1aba4143f0_b.jpgCoot.    BY76 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

Hot off today's shoot, a favourite species of mine and the UK's smallest bird.

78) Goldcrest

51952924321_6f3890b1da_b.jpgGoldcrest.  BY78 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Lovely Goldcrest, super Shoveler too.

a cutie pie that goldcrest is, and i can see why it is a fav bird of yours. 

+1 on the Goldcrest and an excellent flight shot of the Shoveler!

I am still reeling from that Peregrine duo to comment much more other than to say there is no such thing as a disappointing Dipper shot. 

Dave Williams

A most maligned and ignored duck here in the Uk purely because they are the most common but fair do's they are pretty good looking too!

81) Mallard

51962990169_4cdd769e28_b.jpgMallard. BY 81 by Dave Williams, on Flickr