Reach for the skies!!! My tern to fly high!

Dave Williams

Dave Williams

91) Pied Wagtail

Possibly my least favourite UK bird! I'm not sure why but I don't find them at all photogenic!! They are however very confiding.

51967354002_4aeddef88b_b.jpgPied Wagtail. BY91 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

92) Pintail Duck

One from a couple of weeks ago. My favourite place for over wintering Pintail was fruitless but I found a distant single one elsewhere so let's get it done as they have probably all left by now!

51968363521_1d79d7be5a_b.jpgPintail Duck.        BY92 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

93)Shellduck

One of the few species of duck that are still around in big numbers at our local reserve.

51967380622_2e7535ca47_b.jpgShellduck     BY93 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

nice additions Dave

If I saw your Pied Wagtail over here I would count it as a white wagtail without a second thought on account of the rather light grey feathers on its back. Probably a female? Do you get the white over there at all?

Another set of very nice local birds!

What is it about the poor little Waggy? I find their expression more than makes up for their monochrome plumage.

Dave Williams

@PeterHGYes, we do get White Wagtails here and to be honest I struggle with the difference without a second check....which I haven't done for my Pied yet!

Anyway, on with the count and with a quarter of the calendar year due to end tonight I need to step up and hit the century starting with one out of the bathroom window!

94)Wood Pigeon

51972893428_e38755d6ec_b.jpgWood Pigeon. BY94 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

One from the moors last weekend

98)Stonechat

51973109114_608a7e9f23_b.jpgStonechat  BY 98 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Dave Williams

The early morning peace and tranquillity on an upland lake was suddenly broken by this act of aggression between two geese who had just flown in as a threesome from an adjoining lake where they had been floating around in perfect harmony.I'm not sure if it was a case of seeing off a love rival or an act of violent rape. It did however provide me with the best action shots of the day. What amazed me was that the loosing goose escaped the melee by swimming underwater and reappearing some 10-15m away only for the aggressor to launch in to a further attack. Eventually they all left as singles.

I don't normally post multiple shots of the same species but as it's my 100 for the year and it does demonstrate the action which took place over several minutes I'll make an exception! 

100)Greylag Goose

51972846581_88f01ce618_b.jpgGreylag Goose.    BY 100 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

51973134899_60ef89b5a9_b.jpgGreylag Goose.    BY 100 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

51971843662_76756bf05c_b.jpgGreylag Goose.    BY 100 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

51973135054_ffa3804e86_b.jpgGreylag Goose.    BY 100 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

51972920358_0bb1dc79d2_b.jpgGreylag Goose.    BY 100 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

michael-ibk

Very cool sequence! Congrats on passing #100!

Congratulations on your 100. So both your bathroom and kitchen can double as bird observatories? I can read the Agent's particulars from here.

Congratulations on reaching 100.  Lovely picture of the Stonechat and great goose sequence.

Congratulations on #100! I love the close-ups of Dunnock, Stonechat and Coal Tit. I am surprised with the bokeh at f/10 for Dunnock shot.

Dave Williams
9 minutes ago, xelas said:

Congratulations on #100! I love the close-ups of Dunnock, Stonechat and Coal Tit. I am surprised with the bokeh at f/10 for Dunnock shot.

Thanks Alex. With sufficient background separation you can improve the bokeh quite considerably at f10. The gorse behind the Dunnock was probably some way behind.

A great sequence for reaching your 100 - well done.

A beautiful Coal Tit and Stonechat also!

Congrats on the #100 and with beautiful photos! Great series of the fighting geese!

what a fierce battle and excellent sharp captures! that's expected of your skills. :)

congrats on the century! no april's fool joke there.  

Congrats on the 100! 

Dave Williams

Shocking weather at home last Wednesday morning so by Friday night we'd arrived a long way south and east!

Some excellent birding to be had as it's migration time in Cyprus.

101) Wryneck

51981747640_2069a2c782_b.jpgWryneck    BY 101 by Dave Williams, on Flickr