Bontebok and Blossoms—De Hoop and Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, March 2022

Atravelynn

Fascinating and informative report with wonderful photos..... of..... everything.

The bontebok are just so stylish and photogenic. Sadly I have never seen one in the flesh. One day perhaps.

Thanks @Atravelynn

Towlersonsafari

very enjoyable report!

africapurohit

What a wonderful report and beautiful photos! Thank you @Atravelynn - I'm off to the Kgalagadi in August 2023 with all three kids (and the wife). Lot's of helpful information.

Atravelynn
On 5/25/2022 at 8:45 PM, Zubbie15 said:

Thanks for sharing @Atravelynn, full of great information, funny stories and lovely photos. I definitely appreciate how much work you put into this report!   It was fun and we all know how you get to relive the trip.  I enjoyed reliving all but the flat tires.

On 5/26/2022 at 1:42 AM, Treepol said:

I've thoroughly enjoyed re-visiting De Hoop and KTP with you, thanks for sharing. The Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden looks an ideal place to spend a last day.  I think you could really enjoy the different natural light on the sculptures in morning, midday, afternoon, etc.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:55 AM, Biko said:

@AtravelynnThanks for this very informative TripReport, it was wonderfull to follow your adventures in the KTP where we drove so many years ago, then time to go back maybe! and De Hoop was a real bonus. 

On 5/26/2022 at 5:19 AM, TonyQ said:

Thank you for a very enjoyable and interesting report. Excellent photos and very engaging writing with lots of practical details. You reminded me of one more detail.  Lots of body lotion!  The first few days or so I needed 1/2 of my 3 oz tube.  Fortunately I had a couple of tubes.  Much more needed than on other safaris at other locations.  Fortunately Katz Tours & Safaris had forewarned me.  After the rain started, I did not use much lotion.

On 5/26/2022 at 6:41 AM, wilddog said:

Fascinating and informative report with wonderful photos..... of..... everything.

The bontebok are just so stylish and photogenic. Sadly I have never seen one in the flesh. One day perhaps.  They are waiting for you at De Hoop.  They are also around at Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve but harder to see.  I never saw one there and we were looking.

Thanks @Atravelynn

On 5/26/2022 at 11:20 AM, Towlersonsafari said:

very enjoyable report!  Thanks. It is visitors like YOU that I was trying to figure out with this trip.  What is the allure?  I do kind of get it now with the camaraderie of fellow travelers and the harsh environment that the animals survive in.   Also the ability to drive yourself and have that complete freedom has to be appealing.  I did not partake in that aspect, never sitting behind the wheel for a moment.  Nor did I braai anything (if that is a verb).  But being driven and having braai prepared were great.

11 hours ago, africapurohit said:

What a wonderful report and beautiful photos! Thank you @Atravelynn - I'm off to the Kgalagadi in August 2023 with all three kids (and the wife). Lot's of helpful information.   What a wonderful family trip that will be.  Have a great time and report back!

shouldbewriting

Such a wonderful trip and thank you for the very detailed report and the remarkable photographs! Appreciate the amount of time spent in providing every aspect.

Atravelynn
On 6/3/2022 at 7:14 AM, shouldbewriting said:

Such a wonderful trip and thank you for the very detailed report and the remarkable photographs! Appreciate the amount of time spent in providing every aspect.  Thanks for following along.  Perhaps it was a diversion when "you should be writing."

michael-ibk

Thanks again, Lynn, really enjoyed this report a lot. Brought back many memories - good ones of course! You concluded with many fantastic photos, love the pronking Springbok especially. I´ll admit I did not fall as madly in love with Kgalagadi as many other forum members but there´s no disputing it is a place one definitely has to see. Looking forward to joining up for one of your next trip reports! :)

Atravelynn
10 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

Looking forward to joining up for one of your next trip reports! :)

Thanks. We will be tag-teaming again before you know it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 9:20 AM, Atravelynn said:

Thanks. We will be tag-teaming again before you know it.

that will be soon i hope and i'll look forward to that, and maybe join in the tag-teaming in the near future hopefully!

I finally caught up with the TR and as always, still much in awe with all the meticulous details and information you provided, @Atravelynn! those maps detailing where you saw what was great. no way i could reproduce such detailed reports!

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks and nteresting you should mention tag teaming, @Kitsafari!

• 11 months later...
Peter Connan

Just more than a year late, but what a wonderful trip!

Thanks for a lovely report.