Nyamera’s Stupidest Kenya Trip So Far

Nyamera

Day 24

I was up at 3am and went down the stairs at 5am – slowly, with frequent stops, as my bag was a bit heavy. At the bottom of the stairs there was a mattress with bed linen and Jacob was sleeping on it. He got up in his pyjamas saying that they were opening the hotel at 5am anyway when I excused myself for having woken him up. Benson had been sleeping behind the reception desk. Alex arrived at 5.15 and we left in the dark. The trip to the airport was less than 20 minutes door to door and Alex said he’d look for a way for me to stay in Kenya.

I think there was a delay as I remember sitting on the floor waiting for quite some time, but my memories from the airport aren’t very clear. At least I know that I bought Signs of the Wild by Clive Walker, Histories of the Hanged by David Anderson and a Toblerone. It wasn’t raining and it the sun wasn’t shining. There was no superb starling on the wing of the plane. A young Irish girl was sitting next to me. She could have known a thing or two about living in Kenya, but she put on a facemask, plugged in earplugs and went to sleep. I was exactly the same, but with a red nose and pink fingernails.

The End