africaaddict

Great informative report Dikdik!

Geez.........I hope at least some of the water clears by Sept :P

Downpours in July,....amazing!

What camera/lens combo were you using?

Cheers

Marc

Thanks for the comments.

Its certainly a trip to do again. I did enjoy the adventure. Next time I will know better where to go.

As for cameras, we were pretty well equipped. The favorite is the 50D with the 28-300mm IS lens. Such a handy combo. I also used the 5D MKII for some wide angle photos. I put an old camera on a pole, and tried to get some low aspect photos, but the lions got pretty grumpy with me, and the pole is cumbersome.

Handy thing about the Jeep, is that the top pops off in three sections. We took two sections off and could stick our heads out the top, or sit on the roof if we wanted.

• 5 years later...
Tom Kellie

post-49296-0-66307500-1432729143_thumb.jpg post-49296-0-31902300-1432729155_thumb.jpg post-49296-0-96785300-1432729167_thumb.jpg post-49296-0-66514900-1432729181_thumb.jpg

~ @@Bugs

What a tale.

Mad Mike...various critters...an amphibious Jeep...and a little guy taking full advantage of the concept ‘Make yourself at home’.

Looks like it was great fun.

Tom K.