Botswana and Zambia October 2009

beau gust

I really liked the frog photos. Little creatures like this often are missed in the excitement of the big mammals, but they make really interesting photos. Some of the pix didn't load on my computer, but the link to your webshots did so I hope I didn't miss any. Looking forward to the next installment.

I'm not sure. I'm entirely capable of being oblivious to a sign like that. I didn't see these until someone else pointed them out. Maybe this is what you are talking about? In any case they were good for a chuckle.

Well. that is one of the signs, but there was a separate one with a check list such as maps, prozac, barf bags, etc., for both pilots and passengers. It would have been hard to miss if you saw the one you show. I'll post a picture of it in a couple of weeks.

Wow, your already sensational trip got even better. I must say I really like your photos. The little lion cub story and most of all the first zebra shot, great stuff.

Thanks!

/Tom

Ya - sensational alright, great report.

And your photos are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Great to hear you loved it so much.

Great photos, great report, obviously a great trip. What are you planning next? :(

beau

Fantastic trip reports (and photos) - Keep them coming! :(

My wife has reminded me that I left something out of our last evening in Little Vumbura. I've been refreshing my memory of what happened where by going through the 6,000+ pictures I took, but I didn't get any pictures of this. So, though I remembered it, I couldn't remember what day it happened.

Anyway, we had another encounter with the LV dog pack on Thursday evening, before our elephant encounter at sundown. The dogs located a couple of impala, and we chased them chasing them. Unfortunately, we weren't able to keep up through the thicker growth. Sam figured the dogs got the impala, as they were very close at last sighting. It would have be interesting to see how long it took for them to finish an impala - maybe as much as 10 minutes!

Nothing like a dog hunt for a little excitement!