Show us your leopard pics...

Game Warden

Our best day in South Luangwa - 7 Leopards. This is a young male with a nice mustache.

post-48637-0-67217400-1416770181_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrB

Our best day in South Luangwa - 7 Leopards. This is a young male with a nice mustache.

Mr. B. What camps did you stay and how long were you there? Walking or drive safari? Thanks my friend, glen

Mr. B. What camps did you stay and how long were you there? Walking or drive safari? Thanks my friend, glen

Hi We only stayed at Mfwufe. I have seen trip reports complaining about many safari cars around there. I don´t think that is a problem. It is much less crowded than Kruger, Etosha or central parts of Serengeti. Klas

Hi We only stayed at Mfwufe. I have seen trip reports complaining about many safari cars around there. I don´t think that is a problem. It is much less crowded than Kruger, Etosha or central parts of Serengeti. Klas

We only did drive safaris - if I ever get back I will do a lot of walking. The night drives are fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

just playing around

post-43899-0-16270200-1417623514_thumb.jpg

post-47559-0-04761000-1417805885_thumb.jpgpost-47559-0-04761000-1417805885_thumb.jpgpost-47559-0-62697100-1417806011_thumb.jpgpost-47559-0-96932300-1417806091_thumb.jpgpost-47559-0-81296200-1417806115_thumb.jpgpost-47559-0-69752000-1417806139_thumb.jpgSavanna Lodge, Sabi Sands, May, 2013

• 2 weeks later...

This is Xikavi, a young female leopard in Sabi Sand

post-43899-0-44553200-1419337227_thumb.jpg

Photo taken near Chobe Riverfront in late july 2011.

post-18879-0-04975800-1419337139_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Swahealy 43

post-17665-0-03661100-1427539441_thumb.jpgpost-17665-0-21976400-1427539487_thumb.jpgpost-17665-0-16268200-1427539534_thumb.jpgpost-17665-0-89148300-1427539578_thumb.jpgpost-17665-0-81518000-1427539622_thumb.jpgA few from Ndutu 2013...

• 3 weeks later...

post-49296-0-35774100-1429298027_thumb.jpg

~ @@Swahealy 43:

WOW! Make that a DOUBLE WOW!

That leopard portrait looks as if one was within kissing distance.

The eyes, the eyes, the eyes!

Superb image, @@Swahealy 43! Thank you so much for sharing it in Safaritalk for us to enjoy!

Tom K.

Male Leopard, taken near Sayari Camp, North Central Tanzania Late March 2015:

gallery_49063_1236_1603109.jpg

Edited by Scott8586

Swahealy 43

attachicon.gifpost-17665-0-81518000-1427539622.jpg

~ @@Swahealy 43:

WOW! Make that a DOUBLE WOW!

That leopard portrait looks as if one was within kissing distance.

The eyes, the eyes, the eyes!

Superb image, @@Swahealy 43! Thank you so much for sharing it in Safaritalk for us to enjoy!

Tom K.

Glad that you like it!!! She had just walked under our truck and just looked up at me.....Made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Have a 70-350 lens but struggled to fit her in at 70.Had to change to 18-55 later to get her in proper focus. She is called halftail and is one relaxed cat! We managed to be with her the whole afternoon until she reunited with her cub. One of the best days of my life. I adore Leopards. To me, the most beautiful creature on earth.......

Not a pro's photo, but i fell in love with watching this cub wait as its mum hunted

Leopard Gorge, Mara. Feb. 2014

post-5364-0-15152600-1429311036_thumb.jpg

Time for a nap

post-5364-0-01818000-1429311095_thumb.jpgap

Glad that you like it!!! She had just walked under our truck and just looked up at me.....Made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Have a 70-350 lens but struggled to fit her in at 70.Had to change to 18-55 later to get her in proper focus. She is called halftail and is one relaxed cat! We managed to be with her the whole afternoon until she reunited with her cub. One of the best days of my life. I adore Leopards. To me, the most beautiful creature on earth.......

~ @@Swahealy 43:

Your description puts it all in perspective.

I'd have felt the same as you.

What an afternoon you shared with what a SPLENDID cat!

I share your feelings about leopards.

Changing lenses to fit her in — how close you were!

Many Thanks for explaining all of this.

Such tales are why I enjoy Safaritalk.

Tom K.

Not a pro's photo, but i fell in love with watching this cub wait as its mum hunted

~ @graceland:

Those lovely images look ‘pro’ enough for me!

Until reading your post I didn't know that there was any ‘Leopard Gorge’ in Masai Mara.

Really fine images. That's one beauty of a leopard cub!

Your life in Africa surely has been so different than the lives of your neighbors in Virginia.

Wonderful!

Tom K.

~ @graceland:

Those lovely images look ‘pro’ enough for me!

Until reading your post I didn't know that there was any ‘Leopard Gorge’ in Masai Mara.

Really fine images. That's one beauty of a leopard cub!

Your life in Africa surely has been so different than the lives of your neighbors in Virginia.

Wonderful!

Tom K.

Thank you for the compliment, @@Tom K...I never suppose I am of "photo caliber" as you and so many others here on ST; but I do enjoy sharing the memories of my safaris.

Please take time to go to the Mara; even though it sounds "crowded" at the right time it is NOT, and with the right guide as James, you will find yourself all ALONE with cubs as shown above - as well as many other sightings when he knew to sit and wait as the other vehicles zoomed off.

I know there are folks in Virginia who have gone on safari and enjoyed; for some reason I seem to be one of those whose addictive personality quick started with the first taste..and has not been to rehab as yet. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the compliment, @@Tom K...I never suppose I am of "photo caliber" as you and so many others here on ST; but I do enjoy sharing the memories of my safaris.

Please take time to go to the Mara; even though it sounds "crowded" at the right time it is NOT, and with the right guide as James, you will find yourself all ALONE with cubs as shown above - as well as many other sightings when he knew to sit and wait as the other vehicles zoomed off.

I know there are folks in Virginia who have gone on safari and enjoyed; for some reason I seem to be one of those whose addictive personality quick started with the first taste..and has not been to rehab as yet. :rolleyes:

~ @graceland:

Your safaris, as shared here on Safaritalk, all sound like great adventures.

What you've written about James is also what I've experienced with Anthony. They're patient, waiting for others to disperse.

The safari bug, once contracted, has few known remedies. The most effective therapy is plenty of sleep, ample liquids, balanced meals, swimming where available and endless game drives!

Tom K.

Kwara Botswana August 2007.

This female was just over 1 year old.

post-5254-0-02197900-1429425883_thumb.jpg

Kwando Lebala, Botswana August 2004

Young female

post-5254-0-31000600-1429426077_thumb.jpg

post-5254-0-15040400-1429426193_thumb.jpg

post-5254-0-11218900-1429426281_thumb.jpg

@@mvecht such a pretty lady at Kwara. her right ear looks a bit loped off or it could be because of the angle.

@@Kitsafari

A pretty lady indeed.

As far as I can tell from my other pictures it is just a black patch on her ear. You can see something similar on the other ear.

This female must have been photograhed a lot by other ST members as both her mother and she were very relaxed and often seen in and around camp.

Kwara Botswana 2004

post-5254-0-30204400-1429471492_thumb.jpg

Your first question might be: why are you posting this as a Leopard picture.

We were watching the two resident Lion males that were in the proces of chasing away two intruders. I was too busy taking pictures and watching the two Lions to really notice what was going on. After returning home I realised that the people in the other vehicle were looking at something different. During my next trip to Kwara I had the opportunity to show the picture to the tracker and he told me they had a Leopard under the vehicle hiding from the Lions!

I have tried to make the Leopard look as clear as possible and found B/W to be the best option.

post-5254-0-58855400-1429471913_thumb.jpg

Kwara Botswana 2004

We were watching the two resident Lion males that were in the proces of chasing away two intruders. I was too busy taking pictures and watching the two Lions to really notice what was going on. After returning home I realised that the people in the other vehicle were looking at something different. During my next trip to Kwara I had the opportunity to show the picture to the tracker and he told me they had a Leopard under the vehicle hiding from the Lions!

I have tried to make the Leopard look as clear as possible and found B/W to be the best option.

post-49296-0-13845700-1429472376_thumb.jpg

~ @mvecht:

CRAZY! CRAZY! CRAZY!

This is such a TERRIFIC post !!!!!!!!!

While reading and examining the photos, I smiled then laughed.

Truly an only-on-safari moment.

Thank you for making this so clear for all of us to enjoy.

I'm smiling as I type, as that's such a classic moment.

Hide-and-seek, big cat style.

Wonderful!

With Many Thanks,

Tom K.

Kwara Botswana 2004

attachicon.gifIMG_4933Crifct.jpg

astounding! what a great "capture". my guess is that the leopard managed to escape unnoticed then.

Edited by Kitsafari