Show us your Cheetah Pictures

Guest sniktawk

CarolAnnDenverCO

Cheetah mom in Tarangire National Park with young cub

May 2017

IMG_0223_1.jpg

IMG_0239_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Cheetah hunting (unsuccessfully) for Topi. OMC, Masai Mara.

DSC_4158.jpg.690e1c9ef64850c68e028ce072baec99.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I took this one on Friday in Namiri Plains, Serengeti

Rumbled

25878169217_a0acdfa55c_z.jpg

Nikon D500, 300mm F4 PF & TC1.4

• 8 months later...

Emani, daughter of Amani, with three cubs and two of the cubs running. Masai Mara September 2019.

1X1A4107.jpg

1X1A4114.jpg

Edited by penolva

Let us hope that what this individual is doing is not what the species is doing...

STTR-503.jpg.f444f66219eb8dda666fdbc634184d62.jpg

• 2 months later...

927776671_MorningSurveillance.JPG.e92b2d4ae1ef8318a99101ac44e488c4.JPG

Morning Surveillance

~ Photographed with a Canon EOS 1D X camera mounted with an EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II super-telephoto lens, hand-held, Manual shooting mode.

Masai Mara, Kenya on 20 August, 2014 at 9:12 am, ISO 100, f/2.8, 1/2000 sec.

Beginning a game drive with a cheetah on a mound sets a high standard for the day.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

On Christmas, we spotted a cheetah that had just made a kill at 2:30pm in the afternoon in the dry Nossob river bed in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, South Africa. The traces of the action were still visible in the sandy riverbed. The cheetah pulled the springbok underneath a tree and then apparently had to rest after the hunt requiring lots of energy. It went to lie down next to the springbok and bit into it once, but then got up again to find a cooler spot in the shade. However, it was not really happy with all the spots it tried as it kept getting up, scratching in the dust, lying down again, and over again. After three hours of doing that, the cheetah was finally rested enough to enjoy the meal. It was very interesting to watch the behavior. The cheetah stood up, first pulled the springbok further into the shade, further away from the tree, seemingly wanting to keep it as fresh as possible shielding it from the burning sun. Then it started eating its early dinner – however carefully avoiding to tear the intestines which other predators could possibly smell much quicker than „only“ raw meat. Within half an hour, the cheetah had eaten a significant portion of the springbok and there was still not a single jackal to be seen.

Nina Waffenschmidt-4820.jpg

Nina Waffenschmidt-4837.jpg

Nina Waffenschmidt-4956.jpg

Nina Waffenschmidt-5006.jpg

Nina Waffenschmidt-5039.jpg

Nina Waffenschmidt-54546.jpg

Nina Waffenschmidt-54568.jpg

Nina Waffenschmidt-54597.jpg

Nina Waffenschmidt-54603.jpg

Nina Waffenschmidt-54626.jpg

@BieneMaja

I don’t know if you have read my Kafue report and the cheetah kill in the Nanzilha Plains early in the morning which was almost as yours ; the cheetah resting first and only starting to eat after a few hours so tired it was from the hunt ! Stunning photos by the way 👍

@BRACQUENE thank you so much for the hint! I haven't seen your trip report yet, only the photos you posted in this thread. But thank you for letting me know about it! :) And thank you for your compliment regarding my photos, very much appreciated.

Edited by ice

I uploaded this about a year ago at youtube. So far it has earned me more than 3.000 €. That was one lucky day

Ol Chorro Conservancy - Kenya november 2019

Kisaru and her 6 cubs (approx 4.5 months old)

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0465.JPG

DSC04208.JPG

DSC04252.JPG

DSC04566.JPG

DSC04572.JPG

• 1 month later...

Serengeti, March 2020

394992181_NinaWaffenschmidt-59033.jpg.0b378a31ea22ce06a6051c24501223a3.jpg

Serengeti, Feb 2019

Cheetah

Cheetah with kill

Cheetah - male

Cheetah - male

Hwange, May 2019

Cheetah

49 minutes ago, Bush dog said:

@Soukous

Very nice, Martin.  Where in Hwange, please? 

Not far from Camp Hwange

@Soukous

Thanks!  I know this solitary male, I've seen it several times in 2017 & 2018 near Shumba and on Camp Hwange concession.

_U5V1560.jpg.06f512c6051e4786d0525b5d5b3c03bd.jpg

• 2 months later...

There should be something very interesting! :)  Tswalu Kalahari - South Africa - September 2019

DSC01837.JPG