SAFARI LEWA

Brian's Art for Animals

Brian's Art for Animals

Hard to make a video when nothing happens. Only a few more left...(more animals and action in the last few ..i promise!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian's Art for Animals

• twaffle

• Atravelynn

• Leely

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brian's Art for Animals

Only a few more to go, and I promise they will have more animal footage in them.

It isn't just about the animals. All these things are interesting to me. I liked the Maasai jumper with the nice 'kick back' on one of his legs … very artistic.

Looking forward to more, but sad they are coming to an end.

Brian's Art for Animals

It is a little sad indeed to be comin to an end..but there are more videos to work on, an hopefully with in 4-5 years I will be back somewhere in Africa.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

almost done..just 2 more days to report on...

Did anyone suggest snakebite as a possible cause of death of the zebra foal? I'm sure many young animals become victim to snakes.

Did you see your leopard? I've been lucky enough to see leopards on both my trips to Lewa … mother and 2 cubs and a single leopard.

I'm just loving these videos, but I also really like the still photography interspersed, are you planning to post these separately?

Brian's Art for Animals

i might in the future do a video of all my photos in a slide show.. snake bite could have been it, not sure if anyone tossed around that idea. it was sad to see mom hanging around. On this trip i did not see any leopard. I have seen leopard once for a few seconds at night back in 06 at lewa and one far away in the mara in 06 as well. I still don't have a picture of a wild leopard..something that keeps me going back. i think the kenyan board of tourism is behind it all.

• 3 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

I post this with sad news that over the weekend a female black rhino was killed on Lewa's grounds by poachers who got away with the horn. Sad.

This video features Mt. Kenya's Animal Orphanage, if any of you have been there, what did you think of the place?

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

And then there were none..thanks so much to anyone that took a moment and watched my videos.

It can't be the end ..... nooooo ^_^

Thank you for these videos, they have been wonderful.

NOW

You need to do a "best of Lewa" from all your trips. Surely.

Well done on the CNN broadcast as well.

So what next for Brian as far as Africa goes?

You are inspiring me to try more video on my next trip.

Brian's Art for Animals

hhmm. I hope to visit and video Yellowstone in 2011, India in 2012 first before planning on going back to Africa. There are so many areas, Botswana, Namibia, S. Africa that seem interesting, but I might go back to Lewa/IlNgwesi and Kenya. I am trying to contact my friend Sean from Olare Orok to se how he is, (that camp i think is a little out of my money bracket)

I wish you the best on your videos. For me, the key next time will be to hold the camera more steady and try to get eye level with the animals with maybe using a tripod to lower the camera out of the jeep..who knows.

I might return to this footage to make a best of video, but will most likely make a video of the best of the photos of all my trips first.

I am happy for the most part of the series, i know i could have done better if i spent more time or knew how to do better graphics, editing..but i need some time to spend with the wife and our pets :)

It will be interesting and fun as time goes on to see which of the videos gets the most views. I really thought the rhino ear notch would be the most viewed, but it isn't.

I will post my lewa update & video contest next week..so i guess i do have one video left...and then it is back to the safari wildcat and starting the safari Ireland series.

As always..thanks for helping me post these.

How do you put your video onto ST? I have tried but failed. Also did anyone see "the happy couple" in Lewa?

Brian's Art for Animals

A little update since filming ended.

I just completed the elephant and rhino walk with you and then went to bed on your porch. Nice shots of the elephants on foot. That's your feet. I see a few more installments.

Enjoy Ireland!

Brian, I won't try and win your quiz but just wondered if I've ruined you view count by embedding the videos here on ST or will they still register as a view? BTW, Samburu is a National Reserve not a park (just in case you wanted to be pedantic with your questions).

Fantastic series and I won't embed this video or people won't see the questions.

• 5 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

No problem. I think all the views count no matter where they are put, as I get a little report on each video and it will show how many views came in from this and that web site. Always interesting to see where my little videos end up.

So far I had only one entry for the contest and they got everything correct. Myself and a few people I know who have channels on youtube are all hurting for views..too many videos to choose from i guess. well happy holdays to all!