Termite mounds and Camel Thorn trees; Hangin' out with the "Boys of lagoon"; Cold Wintry air; All about Cheetah safari; and lots lots more

madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

Thanks, Jan.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madaboutcheetah

• Jan

• Atravelynn

• twaffle

madaboutcheetah

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54235440@N08/

Cheetahs taking down Tsessebe - pictures from the sighting updated now.

Not able to load pics on the posts, as i am not able to edit them? GW any suggestions? Thanks....

5043375187_25c0739463_m.jpg

The best I can get is the smaller image, you can't link to the enlarged image through Flickr.

Have you opened am Album here on ST, MAC?

madaboutcheetah

Ok. Shall try it that way.

Thanks GW!!!

Hari

Those boys are great hunters and you did a fantastic job of capturing it!

madaboutcheetah

Thanks, Lynn. Can't wait to hear all about your recent trip to the Mara. No rush - write when you can!

• 4 weeks later...

Some of those bloody faces with tongues sticking out were appropriate for my viewing on Halloween. I'm referring to the cheetahs. The Greater Kudu certainly are not shy there. Nice buffalo in the red sunset.

madaboutcheetah

Hi Lynn, thanks a lot - Hope you had a fun Halloween, and look forward to hearing all about your recent trip to the Mara.

Some wonderful photos from your trip Hari.

Do wild dogs target buffalo often and do they have success with such big and fierce animals?

madaboutcheetah
Some wonderful photos from your trip Hari.

Do wild dogs target buffalo often and do they have success with such big and fierce animals?

Thanks, Twaffle -

It was a biggish herd of buffalo - i think they were testing to see if they could pick off one of the weaker calves or a small cow. They did injure a younger cow. This episode possibly occurred as it wasn't too far from the den when they set out on this route.

The next day (i was with the cheetahs) they spent the entire day just sleeping in the vicinity of the herd, as they were possibly unsuccessful in their hunt that morning and didn't return to the den.

My Halloween was far tamer than the cheetah activity. I have set a deadline of Nov 21 to get my Kenya report and pics up. I've been offline for so long that I feared you'd be back to Botswana, Hari, with more tales and photos before I took a good look at the current report.

madaboutcheetah

Take your time, Lynn - look forward to reading your report whenever you have time to get it ready for us to read. :mellow: I'm Still very much here caught up with the joys of work - though, i'm looking to get away next week after Diwali to the Tadoba Andheri Tiger Reserve as I've been reading some fantastic things about it and the current Tiger viewing there.

Edited by madaboutcheetah