Bits and pieces from Botswana Dec 2010/Jan 2011

pault

Paul, excellent as usual. You never let the side down with your witty, descriptive trip reports. And the photos just keep getting better. Thank you and get planning your next safari so can all enjoy it.

Thank you very much everybody. I'm glad you enjoyed it and hopefully it is not finished. I still have more to say and many more pictures.

@Jochen... It's a very kind comment. It's something I aim to do. I do try to post the shots that have a story behind them or tell a story by themselves rather than my "best ones". For example I think the hippo shot is pretty good, but I have one I think slightly better from a moment before, with a nice eye in it... but it is not "laughing" and the "laughing hippo" gets chosen because of the caption that can go with it. Or maybe since I can't compete with certain other people technically I have to try different things to stay interesting! :D

@twaffle... bad news is I can only go anywhere 9 days this year.... good news is that those days will be spent in Kenya first week of October. Unfortunately no planning is required as I am under strict instructions of no less than 4 nights per camp and no complicated logisitcs. Planning is Ol Pejeta before Mara or Mara before Ol Pejeta.... or Meru instead of Ol Pejeta... or just Kicheche Bush Camp for the whole time.... not very challenging. So I'm thinking about Tanzania 2012 already....

Excellent report and photos , Paul . Thanks for sharing.

We spent 4 days at Kicheche Bush Camp last August and we could easily had been another 4 more , one of my favorite camps in Africa . We actually combine Mara and Meru and did enjoyed the combination.

The sunsets, the frogs, the zebra stripes, such a wonderful collection. The insights you've shared, along with others. about the destinations are helpful too.

You can start looking forward to October!