Namibia Oct to Nov 2011

bushwalker

Enjoying this very much. Brought back memories for me too, but more than that, I'm getting pretty sold on your self- drive trips. It's almost like an inverse progression for me - from luxury camps to not- so-luxurious camps to mobile camps to self drive! I'm not there yet, but definitely headed in that direction :)

Lovely photos.

Thanks Sangeeta, Go for it! self-drive is great and far more fulfilling IMHO. Go on a short wildlife guide course, then a 4x4 driving course, which is only a days’ training. Then it’s up to you and you’ll halve your holiday cost! Cheers BW ;)

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this, it does get a bit time consuming, but hey it’s nice to share eh?  There are so many good reports and pics on ST that sometimes I’m not too sure if we should post!!! Cheers ;)

Your photos got better and better. That kid doing a flip is a one of a kind shot. When you stayed at Dolomite, how was the wildlife in that region compared to other parts of the park? Thanks for a wonderful trip report.

Fabulous report!

Any chance you'd come along to our spring Safaritalk London GTG so I can pick your brains? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Kavey. Be happy to come along if Im around, just let me know where and when. Cheers BW

Here we are: http://safaritalk.net/topic/7774-st-gtgmeet-in-london/

(thanks JohnR)

• 3 years later...

post-49296-0-14574800-1430238467_thumb.jpg

Aliens Have Landed in Namibia!

post-49296-0-56193400-1430238499_thumb.jpg

Was I Ever That Young?

~ @bushwalker:

Your Namibia photos are fascinating!

Enjoying them, I'm grateful that you shared them on Safaritalk.

I wholeheartedly concur with @@Atravelynn that the kid somersaulting by a river is indeed one-of-a-kind CRAZY!

Tom K.