SaFaRi InDiA

Brian's Art for Animals

Atravelynn

The chilly morning, the suspense of whether a tiger would be found, it's all here. Great job showing the cub with the langur monkey in dark thicket. A cub WITH prey. Excellent catch. (No pun intended). The exiting shikra and chital at the end is a clever conclusion.

One of the most interesting pieces of info on this video is not even about tigers in India; it is the statement that true Bengal tigers do not exist in the US because of all the gene mixing. That was news to me. I'm sure the lack of purity of the species is the case in many other countries outside of India.

Eight tigers in one drive is a feat. Alluding to the next video, the total sightings for the day are extremely impressive.

madaboutcheetah

Awesome videos, Brian. Thank You!!!

Awesome is right! Great stuff, Brian, loved this entire video.

I felt so excited anticipating a tiger sighting, much more so than just with photos … well done again Brian. Fantastic.

Brian's Art for Animals

Thanks so much for the kind words! It is always so much fun to go over the tapes and see what I captured on video. What you didn't see was a man with the world's biggest smile holding the camera pointed at a wild tiger. What an honor it was for me to be so close to them.

And the US sometimes claims to have one 100% Bengal tiger, but I am not sure where she is at.

Most that were brought over in the 1950-80's etc...were mixed with Amur tigers and often over bred in hopes to make big white tigers. The accedited Zoo systems here in USA deal with SSP survival plans for Amur, Sumatran and I beleieve Malaysian tigers..so I would guess some 100% true Bengals can be found in Europe or Asia zoos?

It was a great game drive and being the 2cd of 9..from this point on it all was icing on the cake.

I can only imagine what it felt like, I look forward to having a tiger experience one day.

I'm quite ready for the 'icing on the cake' experience any time you're ready with the video! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

The time is now for the next video. This was our 3rd drive and it was an evening drive (3:15-6pm) The video doesn't do justice to the colors of the blue bearded bee-eater. The eagle was thought to be a serpant eagle. And watching the rhesus so close to the langurs was interesting as I read an article about how they got (most likely took from the wild) some "trained" langurs to scare away the rhesus monkeys from government buildings. THe sloth bear sighting was short and sweet. And to have to leave the area to go see a tiger..well how lucky can ya get.

Atravelynn

Interesting about the trained langurs. The blue bearded bee eater may be a first sighting for many. SLOTH BEAR, SLOTH BEAR, SLOTH BEAR! Nice footage of Rajesh. Liked the slo-mo sloth bear at the end.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

[media=]

[/media]

You get two drives on one day. What a special. Good deal for this economy. So we waited in the AM, and as you can see the results finally came in pPM, along with various bird species. And to end the evening with a dance, well..what a night!

Edited by Brian's Art for Animals

Just when I was thinking I'd like a return to India, up pops another installment. No long flight necesary.

The chicken crossing the road mystery solved!

Nice drinking tiger. She was very cooperative in putting on a show. So was the baby langur.

Brian's Art for Animals

The 3, 2, 1 countdown starts now..only 3 drives & episodes left! (after this one...)

Anyone else like the elephant idea of seeing tigers, or do you all like the jeep. I like the jeep, but getting on an ele (who i hoped was well cared for) was interesting.

Loving all your videos

For photography the angle is much better from a jeep so I would say I prefer the jeep but only when there are no other vehicles present otherwise I’d rather be on an elephant provided of course the mahout doesn’t mistreat his elephant or the tigers.

Interesting you mention Reeves’s muntjac as this is a very common introduced species here in the UK, I see them a lot and while I do like to see them I’d prefer it if they weren’t here.

Mistaking green chillies for green beans is an easy mistake to make especially in Thailand where they use a lot of both but it’s not one you make twice. :lol:

I’m glad you had some great sightings of tigers and other animals on your trip; I’m quite envious of that sloth bear.

Thanks for posting

Atravelynn

There's our adorable little friend! No porcupines or Speedos required! In my limited experiece the muntjac is a good tiger omen. My theory holds. Liked the lapwing bookends and tears at the end.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

This was my third to last drive and last one with Atravelynn and then she continued on to see lions and other amazing Indian wildlife.

The tiger cub was a real treat as he sat out there with no cares in the world and posed for us for a long time.

Our last shared tiger. What a great sight! Enjoyed the comic relief when you handed off your camera.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

On my second to last drive I again saw some tiger cubs with their mom.

Cool description of the elephant. I was not judging your videoed plate, just so you know. In fact I only noticed the egg. Did you eat it or give it to the limping dog? My eggs went mostly to Limpy as I recall.

I see you maintained control of your equipment at all times on this drive. :huh: Nice to see Mother Tiger once more through your video. I hope she and her brood are doing well through the monsoons.

Alaska time for you yet?

Brian's Art for Animals

The egg did indeed go to the doggie on muy last drive. 2 actually. It was nice to see the mommy tiger up close.

And I leave for Alaska next monday. I plan to video my wife more (she doesn't know this yet) to try to bring in a younger audience to my videos :)

Thank you so much Brian … excellent delivery as always.

• 3 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

And another Safari series comes to an end. What a great time I had.

• 3 weeks later...

You're back from Alaska? With lots of footage of your wife?

Drinking tigers and a wild cat. Way to wrap it up.

Have you heard about the Indian Supreme Court's ban on tourism in tiger parks through Sept?

Edited by Atravelynn

Brian's Art for Animals

Yes, Safari Alaska starts next week (i might post the vids here in ther "other" section.) I did try to film the wife a lot as this series needs a co-star. And of course if ratings don't go up, she is fired. I count my lucky stars daily about how our trip was lucky in seeing tigers as i can understand both sides of the closing the core zone arguements, but at the end of the day if you don't allow people to visit, the interest and attention on the tigers situation I feel will drop, and we can't afford that.

• 1 year later...

Wow....Brian ....Brilliant TR......can watch and read it over and over again!!!

• 1 year later...

@@Brian's Art for Animals

This is a great Bandhavgarh report, thank you! Was just perfect for my current "off to India soon" mood, I really had fun watching all your videos. You had fantastic sightings.