A picture a day.

Game Warden

BTW Ken - great shot of the humming bird.

?

Sugarbird!!! Two wings and a beak! :)

I am not sure why I like this one...

I am. I love these double images, and Kudus do it better than most animals.

Jan

post-5124-1260326037_thumb.jpgHere's one with a collective noun I think of as a "tangle" of Kudu...

rickmck,

Wow, Very nice, Now I know where they got the idea for an antlered (horn) chandelier!

So many great photos. We could make a safaritalk calendar--for several years!

How about this for mirroring in another species,

post-6103-1260441260_thumb.jpg

I found these two cubs while I was at Seba in October.

post-5273-1260442423_thumb.jpg

Jan

So many great photos. We could make a safaritalk calendar--for several years!

I'd certainly buy one!

Danger Bear, can you tell us what the creature is. Very interesting and good colour,

Danger Bear, can you tell us what the creature is. Very interesting and good colour,

Twaffle,

It's a 2010 model of the new All-Rover, six wheel, "all-wheel drive" safari vehicle with GPS and Sirus radio antennas. Two front mount, multi-lense, "night vision" cameras with the ability to take you vertically, to create your own "hide" in any canopy.

I believe the new model was created to compete with the Londolozi's specialized photographic Land-Rover! ;)

Twaffle,

It's a 2010 model of the new All-Rover, six wheel, "all-wheel drive" safari vehicle with GPS and Sirus radio antennas. Two front mount, multi-lense, "night vision" cameras with the ability to take you vertically, to create your own "hide" in any canopy.

I believe the new model was created to compete with the Londolozi's specialized photographic Land-Rover! ;)

????????

Twaffle,

I believe the new model was created to compete with the Londolozi's specialized photographic Land-Rover! :)

????????

Jan & twaffle,

On my more serious side doing a little RD. If the pic. of Danger Bear's was taken in southern Africa I believe it to be a Toxic Milkweed Grasshopper, AKA Gaudy Grasshoppe, AKA Bushlocust, in the family of (Pyrgomorphidae).

Not sure of the species, Maybe Danger Bear will chime-in with more info,

tracker :(

Jan & twaffle,

On my more serious side doing a little RD. If the pic. of Danger Bear's was taken in southern Africa I believe it to be a Toxic Milkweed Grasshopper, AKA Gaudy Grasshoppe, AKA Bushlocust, in the family of (Pyrgomorphidae).

Not sure of the species, Maybe Danger Bear will chime-in with more info,

tracker :(

Correct. See the poison here.

gallery_6213_246_34979.jpg

:)

Excellent!

Just out of curiosity, what is the background?

I took a few pictures of this guy. I post two here for better identification purposes.

gallery_4095_50_68982.jpg

gallery_4095_50_17979.jpg

No expert but I think it is a Malachite Sunbird. very nice images too.

No expert but I think it is a Malachite Sunbird. very nice images too.

Correct - Non breeding male..

Wasn't too sure how to spell Malachite!! :)

And thanks. Sun a bit sharp, and I had to bin many with too much shadows.

In my Sasol it looks like a male Malachite Sunbird in eclipse plumage ,which according to my enlarged Sasol

'Birds of Southern Africa' is 'dull plumage attained by male ducks and sunbirds during transitional moult, after

the breeding season and before they acquire brighter plumage'. I find that I learn something every day on S.T.

Jan

If you do not have it I would reccomend

"The Complete Photographic Field Guide Birds of Southern Africa"

Ian Sinclair and Peter Ryan

ISBN 978 1 77007 388 3

There are no illustrations just photos, by some of the best bird photographers in the world.

Snap!

We seem to share similar tastes Ken,.........now we just need you to come over to the sunny side @ NIKON. :D

Bringing back some memories here for you Ken with the following:

Mobile camping fun & games!

Repairing our vehicle after an unsuccessful flooded river crossing.

How does one rate the embarrassment??

Khwai river. We dried out after 2 hrs of maintenance. That's my wife, Rossana waving.

691764180_q3w8V-XL.jpg

Not another breakdown???

....................this time, our support vehicle. The crew had to stay overnight with the vehicle,

whilst help didn't arrive until the next day.

On route to Savuti camp.

691768436_p6rn6-XL.jpg

Ewan, our mobile camp guide is on the satellite phone to his wife

discussing the breakdown of our support vehicle, whilst nature crosses the track.

On route to Savuti camp.

691760015_YdbEj-XL.jpg

Having said all that, I wouldn't have it any other way!

A grand adventure!! :D :D

Cheers

Marc

Snik, as I mentioned once before, we have had all sorts of problems with Canon autofocus so I wouldn't be doubting your photographic ability … you get enough practice in to be staying on top of any focussing issues. We have had quite a bit of improvement with our focus, but we have had to send cameras and lenses back to the Canon authorised repair shop to get that improvement, and it takes ages.

One other point raised by a photographer at a recent workshop. There is a perceptable difference between sharp and professional sharp and as the photographer's eye gets more attuned to his work he expects a higher standard of sharpness. I don't know if it really exists but maybe your perception of sharpness has changed?

Hi Marc,

The Land Cruiser is in more familiar territory a puncture.

We all wished it was just a puncture Ken, turned out that the whole LF suspension arm had 2 of the 4 support

bolts completely sheared off! :o:o

Hence why we stayed 2 nights at Desert & Delta- Savuti, with the tab picked up by Ewan.

Nice Lark image BTW, good exp, lighting & BG. Could do with a touch of USM. :D :D