A picture a day.

Game Warden

kittykat23uk

... no... that would have been a baboon on her back B)

Are you implying that baboons are NOT monkeys? :blink:

well here is a vervet monkey..

3038073852_56f82b1ddc_b.jpg

Vervet Monkey by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

Wild Dogger

The fine art of landing:

6515250081_5f80fcd38a_o.jpg

gallery_5084_378_344822.jpg

nothing like a great safari bathroom :)

Its a 44 gallon drum shower (at Kuyenda). Bigger than a bucket, but same principle. B)

Ah., I missed the chance to come after "safari shower" - I had a nice one for that. So I'm stuck with "zebra......having some fun with my new tablet"....I might have to pass today!

Like the result of the fun though.

There should be some sort of warning at the top of the thread for not-yet-gone-to-safari people: "caution, seriously magnificent pictures inside, enter at your own risk"... :)

Like every contributor I am sure we didn't want to like or respond to your post because any response would risk being misinterpreted as us beleiving our photos were the "seriously magnificant" ones! :lol:

However, I will take that risk and agree the thread is really enjoyable to follow (I didn't think it would be when it started, but it really is) and to participate in. It's a nice way to get to know one another a bit away from the more serious topics too. Are you going to join us?

marcianluanda

gallery_17494_642_406929.jpg

Sabi Sand, South Africa November 2011

Game Warden

Marcianluanda, I edited your post above, what you need to do is click on the smaller thumbnail in your gallery which brings up the large image. Then right click, copy image URL, and then paste it into your post using the image tags icon. Have a play :)

marcianluanda

Thanks GW, I'm still trying to figure this out and as you can see not very well. :mellow:

kittykat23uk

What an awesome thing to have seen! Did the leopard catch the impala?

marcianluanda

What an awesome thing to have seen! Did the leopard catch the impala?

Yes, you can see the video of the event over in that thread. It was exciting and sad all at the same time having seen the impala give birth and then die without even see the baby walk. Fortunately, we had to leave the sight to make room for others before the leopard killed the baby. Something I will definitely never forget!

Game Warden
GW, I'm still trying to figure this out

As am I, 6 years after starting ST ;)

Ah., I missed the chance to come after "safari shower" - I had a nice one for that.

Never too late for one of those... especially if it includes a "Loo-with-a-view"... B)

Wild Dogger

That´s safari :P

7461649978_c94df9cd53_o.jpg

marcianluanda

Sometimes I feel just like this! lol

Tanzania Lake Manyara 2010

Ok, I've followed the directions exactly and I'm now about to pull my hair out!!! When I right click on the larger photo, a small dialog box opens that says (square,small,medium, large) or right below "Direct link to this image". I don't have an option of copy the URL so I'm confused as to why I'm not able to see exactly what you're describing. Sorry, I need a tutorial. Unfortunately for me, my lovely spouse does all of the photo stuff around this house! lol

Edited by marcianluanda

marcianluanda
gallery_17494_651_403913.jpg

Game Warden

There you go. That is me, everyday dealing with Safaritalk :)

Wild Dogger

Feeding Gerenuk @ Samburu, Kenya

3278755496_0970d2ae17_o.jpg

A lovely, lovely picture, Jo!

kittykat23uk

Thank you! I do have a soft spot for hyenas! I think they are really fascinating animals that are much maligned and really under appreciated on safari!

7537199648_01feed754a_b.jpg

JACKAL copy copy by kittykat23uk, on Flickr