Kenyan updates - Super LEEDS reporting live from the ground

Super LEEDS

Super LEEDS

4 hour bush walk this morning. Usual suspects. More walking soon.

Highlight so far: 2 caracals on yesterday's night drive!

Fish and chips for lunch almost pipped it :lol:

I can't find a disapproving smiley :angry: is best I can do .... fish and chips does NOT pip two caracals....

.... or even "almost"...

Edited by pault

samburumags

Mags, I'll kiss a yellow-fever acacia for you. Nothing says Africa quite like them.

Birders: is it finch lovebirds or Fischer's? May have miss heard our Crescent Island guide. My east african birding app says the latter. Asante sana.

:)

africapurohit

SL.....thanks for the live updates, you're probably on your way to the Mara right now. Kigio brings back memories - although I was last there in 2005. I remember seeing white rhino on the conservancy - were they still there?

Super LEEDS

Sorry meant flat-top acacia mags!

Africapurohit: kigio was amazing. Leopard on last night drive. No more rhino i'm afraid :-( more on that later.

Super LEEDS

Woah paul, sorry missed your comment. No offence meant. Just a cultural thing you see :D

Grass TOO long in the mara :( still seen lots of lion, hyaena, 2 cheetah and jackals chasing thommies :) game around fig tree camp is awesome.

Royal Mara tomorrow in the north conservancy.

Enjoy!

No actual offence taken in the production of that post, of course - .all for the cameras! :P

It was either that reaction or LOL (not a David C LOL though - LOL) or perhaps even a ROTFL..... but two caracals in an evening is outrageous! I am absolutely apalled that I wasn't there.

Super LEEDS

I know you weren't offended lmao!

Tell me about man. Kigio rocks. Walks all day and drives at night. Hyaena and leopard on the second drive. Shame my bridge camera is pants in the dark.

The fish and chips were pretty great though....

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you, Leeds?

Game Warden

Reports are Leeds Utd are interested in Messi...

Super LEEDS

Hi Sangeeta. Ithey ya or yahan hoo!! I'm in Leeds now. At home, got back yesterday.

GW: looks like we're getting bought out by some middle-easterns, possibly, maybe.

Super LEEDS

A few other things too but those were perhaps the rarest sightings.

I'll have to endeavour with the trip report soon but think its probably best to do it outside of the post-safari depression-period......

Edited by Super LEEDS

I'll have to endeavour with the trip report soon but thing its probably best to do it outside of the post-safari depression-period......

Ha! Very well stated! I look forward to reading your report and what you thought of Mara North vs. the triangle. I agree that the high grass was a bit of a bummer as it really limited cheetah sightings. We recently returned from our third visit to the Mara and this was the first time that I had seen it so green - it was absolutely beautiful.

Super LEEDS

Yeah we only saw 2 (maybe 3 but think this was the same as one of the others) cheetah. Its funny, being a safari noob, I was expecting big cats on tap in the Mara :D regardless of grass levels. We didn't visit the triangle, but the Mara North Conservancy - it was a lot better here.

Still, we had a great time and knew what we were getting into, especially with me being a tight git!

Well, one way to get over the post-safari blues is to relive it right away with folks that are hanging on your every word!

C'mon now, two caracals and nary a proper description of where, when and how. Noob or git, get cracking :lol:

Super LEEDS

Due to Sangeeta's kind words, I've actually started sifting through the pics tonight - not even half way :s