Tanzania - August 2012: Natron, Serengeti, Katavi, Mahale

Safaridude

I loved every word, brilliant. Please list the camps you visited in order and by number of days. How did you secure the guides and did you book the whole thing with Ker and Downey? Pen

Thanks Penolva. You must have missed the itinerary -- listed at the very beginning of the report (the camps are listed in order).

I have been on several safaris with Craig and Dom in the past. They are affiliated with K & D Tanzania (which is different from K & D Botswana, which is different from K & D Kenya, which is different from K & D even -- yes, it is confusing) -- and yes, I booked through K & D Tanzania.

Maybe not perfect, but pretty close! Mother and baby chimp is beautifully touching. The murder scene you describe is chilling. Poor Pimus, just grooming away and bam! A gang murder. Sounds too familiar.

Thanks Penolva. You must have missed the itinerary -- listed at the very beginning of the report (the camps are listed in order).

I have been on several safaris with Craig and Dom in the past. They are affiliated with K & D Tanzania (which is different from K & D Botswana, which is different from K & D Kenya, which is different from K & D even -- yes, it is confusing) -- and yes, I booked through K & D Tanzania.

Thanks I missed that bit, too keen to read the report. I will look into it and see if its possible to do something similar. We loved Tanzania when we went last year. Thanks Pen

Maybe not perfect, but pretty close! Mother and baby chimp is beautifully touching. The murder scene you describe is chilling. Poor Pimus, just grooming away and bam! A gang murder. Sounds too familiar.

I found this on Nomad Tanzania's website... the fight between Primus and Pimu that I described in my trip report.

http://www.nomad-tanzania.com/blogs/greystoke-mahale/murder-in-mahale

Brutally documented. Sad account, but better to die by the hands of their own species than a trap or poachers.