Kwando Files (Images from Lebala/Lagoon)

madaboutcheetah

You may have missed the carmine bee eater in flight, but your stationary shot is vibrant. The silhouette against the purple sky is a great shot.

I did indeed madaboutcheetah! (Didn't get to witness an impressive bull Lechwe kill though!)
When was your last visit?
I saw 2 sets, the resident big boys at Kwara - there used to be 3 but one got a wounded leg and dissapeared and now there are only 2 - and also another pair at Lagoon. The pair at Lagoon were newcomers I believe, two brothers but still small and slim (even by Cheetah standards) compared to Kwara's bigger, beefier pair. Can't have been over a year since leaving their mother I'd suggest. Do you know anything more about them, as a Cheetah fanatic? :)

madaboutcheetah

Hi - yes, they are a new coalition that traverse a wide territory covering Duma tau, Selinda, lebala and lagoon. We tried to find them in October when I was last there - no success. We did see the resident territory holders though the 3 big boys.

Thanks a lot, Lynn...

The photo of the jeep with the people, the dogs and that light is spectacular, Hari. Very, very atmospheric. I can picture that one in my office :)

madaboutcheetah

Thanks, Sangeeta. The new landcruiser - my first time in it this October - Love it!!!

Thanks for the info! Really enjoy how the smaller, more personalised camps actually know their animals so well.

@@madaboutcheetah I notice Africa Geographic has announced the winners of Kwando's Photography competition.

http://blog.africageographic.com/africa-geographic-blog/photography/introducing-kwandos-photography-competition-winners/

I have to say I find the images featured very underwhelming. Not a patch on some of your own photos. I can only assume that you have no interest in entering.

madaboutcheetah

I did not enter this year, @@Soukous ......... I forgot to enter prior to the deadline, but, I hope to participate next year.

@@madaboutcheetah

Great pictures all the way through - not surprisingly the cheetah - your enthusiasm shines through

Also love to see the dogs, and your bird shots

I did not enter this year, @@Soukous ......... I forgot to enter prior to the deadline, but, I hope to participate next year.

So I have no chance of winning then, hahah!

• 2 weeks later...
Alex The Lion

Lebala in April/May.

Wonderful for cloud formations and blue sky, quite poor game viewing in my experience - still sometimes you get lucky.

Botswana1.jpg

• 7 months later...

Well, I'm afraid I have been terribly unproductive all day. The blame rests squarely with @@madaboutcheetah for taking up all my time with this amazing set of images. I'm glad you bumped this thread and gave me an excuse to see it all. Your hard work tracking the cheetahs really pays off!

FlyTraveler

Wow! It will take me some time to go through this massive thread and great images...

• 1 year later...
Game Warden

This topic needs some photo updates... :)