Birds In Flight... Upload your photos.

Game Warden

• 2 months later...

My BIF are still those of the larger size, like this one from today. The lights was good and the sun from the right position.

Common Buzzard above Barje

D72_3719_02.jpg.cdee246683d6677db1c502b511087a14.jpg

offshorebirder

Sunday before last I visited the outer reaches of Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge by boat and enjoyed some good birding and wildlife.  A few BIF opportunities presented themselves and a few of the shots turned out OK.

Royal Tern

spacer.png

Caspian Tern

spacer.png

Short-billed Dowitchers

spacer.png

Edited by offshorebirder

offshorebirder

These mixed-species flocks are primarily Red Knots (near-endangered) and Black-bellied Plovers (AKA Grey Plovers), with some Short-billed Dowitchers, Sanderlings, Dunlin, and Semipalmated Plovers mixed in.

spacer.png

48829349867_fc2a839bb9_o.jpg

Edited by offshorebirder

Black-tailed Godwit

River Stour, Mistley, Essex. UK.

Black-tailed Godwit

Black-tailed Godwit

Mallard is probably the most easy to find bird, and thus often neglected by bird photographers. This one was flying almost at eye level.

AAC4C108-E6D7-4345-9E68-D1A68D7E0019.jpeg.7e95b2d8d03edf1fdaaaad57e05b47ff.jpeg

offshorebirder

Nice shot on what looks like a cloudy day @xelas.

The day was very grey. Grey clouds above grey sand below ... I am surprised that so much colour is seen.

Nice shot Alex!

I agree that still a lot of colour is shown in your Mallard in spite in the grey conditions. Well, the weather has improved a little since you were here @xelas and that definitely helps with flight shots. This is a Common Kestrel, taken in the same polder area we visited together.

i-dqCrvfn-X2.jpg

Wow, there is actually sun in The Netherlands :unsure:? Just joking. Beautiful shot, with the eye glistening, and blue sky as a background.

I have noticed the weather has improved as soon as the soldiers have went home :lol:

Towlersonsafari

what a beautiful photo of the kestrel @PeterHG  if it was mine, that would be on the wall!

stunning Kestrel Peter

Absolutely stunning!!

Stunning shot Peter!

Thanks all for the kind words, @xelas, @Towlersonsafari, @Soukous, @Zim Girl, @pedro maia, @TonyQ and @Peter Connan ! Just before I went home from my little trip, I noticed the Kestrel hovering. The car was already parked at the side of the road and after an unsuccessful dive the Kestrel made a wide turn to find a new spot. I was able to to pan with the camera from behind the wheel and the sun was in my back. Sometimes you just get lucky!

• 4 weeks later...