Green Season in Botswana - CATS, CATS & Wild Dogs

graceland

Terrific report. Towards the end, the photos weren't showing up for me, but it could be the internet connection tonight...

I really think I want to go back to Botswana. We so enjoyed the Wilderness camps in Zimbabwe -- did not expect the luxury of the tents at Davidsons in Hwange....everything I'd read tended to just call it "classic." Anyway, I think Chitabe sounds like a must stop for me.

Same for me on the photos towards the end. Could just be my smart phone.....

Edited by Pangolin

That's strange - i could see those last pictures when the were posted previously but now I'm not seeing some of them either. Most of the pix in post 88 are missing now except I do see the last one. And I Only see the last 2 in post 95 and none in 96. Very odd.

Edited by SafariChick

Quite a lot of the pix (but not all) which were there before are now reported as broken links. I'm on my regular PC so it has nothing to do with sundry gadgets nor unusual internet connections

Hmmm very strange - as of Dec. 21 the images disappear and replaced with a box...any experts out there know what I should do. I know they were there as I had some friends not on ST come over and look.

HELP would be appreciated. I went on and tried clicking on the box to see if it would restore the photos - Game Warden - any ideas??

If not, well hopefully you saw them as Safarichick did days ago!

Or,

you had to be there!

can you see these dogs from Vumbura?

med_gallery_5364_755_63568.jpg

Edited by graceland

No help on the missing pix but I see the wild dogs, what a good photo of them.

Not sure what has happened. The link in the boxes just goes to the gallery home page and not individual images.

Wow, you had such a great time and saw so many wonderful things. You're rather lucky I think, but then again you and your guides can make your own luck sometimes I guess. I am really sorry so many of the photos are gone from the last two pages, but glad that you got into writing more at that point, so I was able to follow.... still I hope with matt's help you can get them back. You make it sound all very dreamy, and I think it probably was!

I don't see the new picture of the dogs either! What a shame. I hope Game Warden can help fix the problem.

Hopefully all is resolved and not a problem with the Safaritalk software... (Phew).

No help on the missing pix but I see the wild dogs, what a good photo of them.

Thanks Twaffle - coming from you I will greedily take that comp!

And yes GW is helping me with the process; may take me a day - I am inundated with people at the house; though they have all had a grand tour of ST forum, courtesy of me....

SO by tomorrow I will hopefully get back to the edit job - I was a bit overzealous in uploading photos; perhaps I can blame that on a fine South African pinotage.

ahh. the memories...

:)

I am truly exasperated and dumbfounded; yesterday it was from Dec. 21 that the pics that were showing up just disappeared. GW and I had a talk on what to do; and now they have disappeared from Day 1 ( Dec 9 )when I entered the first snap of the cheetah.

I apologize but I just cannot go back and re-do this report. It took so long the first go 'round. So thank you all for the support you gave me through this on-going saga and I am sorry I cannot go back and re-enter the entire Days 12/ 9-28 of pictures.

Back to few words - had fantastic trip and it ended up with a WOW, at Vumbura plains with "wild dog chases and kills the first night" ; the 2nd morning the whole clan was outside our TENT with an impala they killed in camp - awesome.We followed them throughout the camp in the rover -(I thought he may even drive through the walkways of the camp the way they were heading!)

it was a thrill in the rain. Even our guide was laughing and getting so excited about the moment!

The 3 days at VP were the most game filled of the 12 nights - dogs, leopards, cheetah, beauitul sables, elies in the camp with us at tea....

I can't say enough about the guides, Ron and Zee. I did not want to leave! VP is beautiful but it was the game that just thrilled us. Could have just as well been sleeping in the rover and I'd been happy!

Sorry about the pic problem. Could be my Mac; who knows. If I ever figure it out (?).....by next safari, I hope.

I love Botswana.....

Happy New Year to All.

Gracie

PM sent, no great hassles...

Your funny GW.... A cup of tea is NOT strong enough for my editing prowness (or lack thereof)

Pault..thank you for your kind words about my TR; I loved reading your adventures with "Bibi" - she sounds like quite a mom! lots of laughter too..

I always romanticize my trips.... I'm a girl. :D

I have been given instructions to take my "time" (and drink some herbal tea; I think I need an herbal smoke;) and go back and add the missing pics a day at a time.

Will be trying that out soon. When you hear me screaming across the Pond, the Dark Continent and land of Oz...you will know it is not working. I will be waiting for the relief team with something much stronger than herbal tea. Much appreciated! :)

If you ever figure out your photo problem please tell me as have a Mac and envy all these 'Windows' people. Happy New Year to you.

Pen

Grrrr.... I know well what you mean.

Got a "one on one" with Apple tomorrow..perhaps they will know! or not.... :unsure:

Unfortunately Greenlantern has been deleting photos on Iphoto so if they are not all in my current gallery on ST, I'll post pics of my bushman guide who put on a show for us...

I was hoping to save it for Pault to show Bibi. I think she would have hit him with the fire stick he was using..

Penolva - I have not "figured" out what has happened but I have been able to go back and re-insert photos via edit - and actually added a few as I feel more "confident' now that I've been doing this for WEEKS!

I am wondering if the added pics are being seen - so if anyone can do a quick flythrough and tell me...I'll either continue or just say GO and experience Botswana. I stopped editing as of right now at Duma Tau and the birds....I skipped to the last page to see if the "wild dogs of Vumbura Plains" showed back up...

thanks if anyone checks it for me

I am plumb worn out from it!!

and need a glass or two before I continue!

I'm seeing photos (haven't been back to my computer yet to do the cheetah!) except the two lions on this page still haven't appeared. The wild dogs are back. I've gone to a couple of other pages and see photos.

Well done and thanks for persevering. :)

I see a lot of pictures again - yay!

I see some, but still some blank ones!

I am as confused as you. I see more on Safari than I do on Explorer, but on neither is the experience as complete as it should be.

Are you sure it isn't all to do with Greenlantern deleting shots?

Is it really to do with Mac and Safari? We must have a number of Mac users here. What do they do? Let's not let your pain be in vain. ;)

Hi All, thanks for going back and checking...Appreciate the responses Twaffle and SC..

Sangetta, I got most editing in up to DT. They were inside shots and wasn't going to spend time re-posting if the editing was not working. Will continue on as time allows. Unfortunately I leave Saturday for another trip but perhaps when I return I can get on to Vumbura!

Pault, I started about 2 days ago re-posting the absent pics that were posting FINE in the beginning. I don't know what happened; GW said the" link "was bad...perhaps because I tried unsuccesfully to add add'l pics last week - I wanted to be sure my editing (up to DT) worked before I kept going.

It is ardous to start over again esp since I deleted some in "My Gallery" then had to go back and export again, but it has been a learning experience for sure. And I get to re-live the trip as I go...so that was a great positive over a dreary, cold New Years day.

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks. :D

I went to Apple and they said it was NOTmy mac; pics were uploading and they saw them on "MY GALLERY.. though Now I am wondering why you cannot see using Explorer (though I don't have it so can't check it)

I try to keep my life as simple as possibe - use safari and thats it.

Greenlantern is playing with his videos so hasn't even read the report. Of, course he was there so he already knows the ending :lol:

I go back to Apple yet again today (ugh - too crowded) as my new Ipad is screwing up. And that is going on my trip!

Just wanted to make sure yesterday's efforts were not in vain....before i get to Vumbura Plains - which was one busy experience!

Thanks again for the support!

Hi I can see some of your great pics and not others! did you post them all in the same way on your Mac? Very excited that you loved Savute as we are camping there next year. Would love to see your book if you make it. Pen

It is ardous to start over again esp since I deleted some in "My Gallery" then had to go back and export again, but it has been a learning experience for sure. And I get to re-live the trip as I go...so that was a great positive over a dreary, cold New Years day.

At what point did you start deleting images from "My Gallery"? If you have posted images in a TR by linking to your uploaded image in "My Gallery" and then delete that image from "My Gallery" you get the empty boxes.

I went to Apple and they said it was NOTmy mac; pics were uploading and they saw them on "MY GALLERY.. though Now I am wondering why you cannot see using Explorer (though I don't have it so can't check it)

I can not think how it could be your Mac or software causing the problem as the TR and images live on Safaritalk's server. The empty boxes can only appear when the image being linked to on the server gets moved, corrupted or deleted. So far as I am aware only you and moderators like GW can do anything to your images once uploaded and displaying correctly.