Serengeti done right with Asilia Africa on the Eastern Serengeti Plains.......

madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

@vikramghanekar - thanks.... was 10 days there .... yes, flight from Arusha to seronera and then a game drive transfer which ended up being an all day drive in true asilia fashion.

@Atravelynn - Lynn I hear there was a massive dry spell in kenya too .... yes it was an intense abnormal drought. They had some spotty showers in March but that was it. Yes, had a private vehicle.   I think last time there was later in April (end April) ....

michael-ibk

Exceptional stuff Hari, the sequence with the baby Tommie must rank among your very best. Bravo! 

What amazing pics @madaboutcheetah.

I love the young cheetah with blonde Mohawks.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your awesome photo report! Awesome because of the expectional quality of your pictures and also because the special things you've seen. You can almost feel the bond between the lion pride through your pictures. Great sighting with the thomson gazelle. And I also really liked to the young cheetah with his white coat. Looks like an incredible trip!

Hari ! How did I miss this TR?

As always,  stunning atmospheric images. The baby antelope looked like it was still alive in the adult lion's jaws.  That would have been hard to watch. Making me think I should go to namiri. Is March a good time?

Beautiful cheetahs and cheetah-lets!

madaboutcheetah

Thanks @LarsS @Kitsafari @michael-ibk and @Hads - Will get back to the report when time permits. Need to get back to the photo editing.

• 3 weeks later...

@madaboutcheetah I just love all of your photos,but I'm especially impressed with the sequences of the cheetahs, I can't believe that I still haven't been to Namiri Plains,even if so many of fellow safari goers swear by it.

gatoratlarge

Wow---stunning pics!  I have a November 2020 trip scheduled for the Serengeti and I hope to explore this part of the park.  Thanks for sharing!  Love the lions in the tree! :D

Wonderful photos as usual...just catching up. A bit hard to look at the baby gazelle series :( 

Have toyed with the idea of this area but one thing holding me back is lack of leopards--my favorite cat. I've assumed leopards are scarce in this area due to it being so open. Tell me I'm wrong :)

• 4 weeks later...
Amylovescritters

I was at Namiri from 4/10-4/13 this year. Maybe we were there at the same time. Phenomenal sightings including lions, 2 successful cheetah hunts, and a Pangolin. Even found and removed a small ground snake from my bathroom (the camp guys were mortified lol). I absolutely loved this camp and hope the new one is not too fancy. I shall be returning for at least 5 nights next time. The area is utterly captivating.