Serengeti done right with Asilia Africa on the Eastern Serengeti Plains.......

madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

Dear All,

Here's a photographic report from my recent trip to the Serengeti ..... Many Thanks to Sangeeta, Smita and the Chalo Africa Team for another fabulous trip with fantastic arrangements as always.  Many Thanks to Moinga and Dickson from Asilia for a fabulous trip and warm Tanzanian hospitality!!!! 

Here's the first batch of images..... 

2019Namiri1 (1 of 1).jpg

2019Namiri2 (1 of 1).jpg

2019Namiri3 (1 of 1).jpg

2019Namiri4 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri5 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri6 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri7 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri8 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri9 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri10 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri12 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri13 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri14 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri15 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri16 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri17 (1 of 1).jpg

Edited by madaboutcheetah

awesome cats Hari

Lovely pictures as always @madaboutcheetah.  I'm assuming you were staying at Namiri Plains again - did they tell you anything on the differences the "reimagining" is going to bring?  

Atravelynn

Back again with great results!

Beautiful elephant reflection! The long neck of the crowned crane looks very elegant in your photos, too.

Oh wow!!! Fantastic photos.

madaboutcheetah

Thanks for all the kind comments .....  I'm quite behind on the editing as I've been swamped at work.

@Zubbie15 - Yes, as you will have read they are doing a brand new Namiri with larger tents on a wooden deck etc etc., I imagine it will be fancy, but, elegant ....... One thing though, I was very impressed with Asilia's high standards of service!  Both in camp and out there in the field.  Also - I was told that there will be no compromise on the bush experience at the new Namiri - you can still stay out all day etc etc., if you so wish to!

Edited by madaboutcheetah

Fantastic set of pictures  -  love the snarly lion up in the tree.

Wonderful photos. Be really interested to hear more about your time at Namiri Plains as we had five amazing days there in November  2017. Hope to go back there in the not too distant future.

Edited by Julian

Great photos, Hari. Do write about the camp and all it's details. I have yet to visit Serengeti, and i would like to do it right.....

madaboutcheetah

Thanks so much for all the kind comments and interest in this thread - Many Thanks @Earthian  @Zim Girl @Julian @xyz99@Atravelynn@Marks@Soukous@Zubbie15@marg

Next batch of photos .....

Namiri is in the Eastern Serengeti.  The area is renown for their Lion and Cheetah populations ....... Vast wide open plains dotted with kopjes and acacia forests in the adjoining areas.  Simply brilliant - you can't compare to any other area in the Greater Serengeti eco-system. Very low vehicle density in the area - No circus here like can happen in the Mara or Ndutu/Seronera.  I loved the camp too .......

2019namiri19 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri20 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri21 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri22 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri23 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri24 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri25 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri26 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri27 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri28 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri29 (1 of 1).jpg

Africalover

As allways fantastic shots.

Thanks for sharing.

madaboutcheetah

Thanks a lot @Africalover - Much appreciated!!!! 

Next instalment - here goes.... 

2019namiri30 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri31 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri32 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri33 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri34 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri35 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri36 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri37 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri38 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri39 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri40 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri41 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri42 (1 of 1).jpg

Botswanadreams

This little guy with the baby antelope - wow - so beautiful. Thanks for your wonderful pics Hari.  

Excellent pictures, Hari. The lion with baby antelope in its jaws is a particularly evocative shot. Thanks for sharing. 

Absolutely beautiful photos. I love your style!

I'm glad that since you are mad about cheetahs that you got some cheetahs on this trip :)

And wow on this photo!! I was so sad to see the little tommie but at the same time, I would have seriously loved to have seen this.

2019namiri30 (1 of 1).jpg

Keep the pics coming please!!

Atravelynn

The lion cubs look like they are eagerly awaiting a meal!

Great stuff Hari. 

SafariChick

Fabulous photos, Hari! Making me want to go there! 

Safaridude

@madaboutcheetah

Magnificent photos from a special part of Serengeti.  Wanting MOAAAAR!

I hope the area doesn't get crowded... I know there have been some new camps being opened up to the west of Namiri...

vikramghanekar

Fantastic photographs!

What were your dates for this trip? Did it rain or was it dry this time of the year?

Thanks for sharing

Vikram 

madaboutcheetah

Thanks a lot - @Botswanadreams @AKR1 @monalisa @Atravelynn @pault @SafariChick @Safaridude @vikramghanekar

@Safaridude - Yes, i hope they don't allow more camps into the area.  The drivers from Arusha though on the road trip itineraries luckily don't know the area too well still ........... 

@vikramghanekar - Mid April ....... There had been a drought in the entire area.  It is normally supposed to rain, but, it was dry during my stay at Namiri.  Subsequently, I heard the rains had started..........  

2019namiri43 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri44 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri45 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri46 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri47 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri48 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri49 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri50 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri51 (1 of 1).jpg

2019namiri52 (1 of 1).jpg

vikramghanekar

Thank you @madaboutcheetah.

Fantastic pictures! Wish I could visit Nameri sometime in future. How long were you there? Did you fly in from Arusha?

Cheers

Vikram

Atravelynn

I see you were there mid-April, which I recall is a time you have gone before.  Glad the rains have started now because mid-April should not be dry.  Your comment that it was dry adds a new perspective to the cheetah and cub drinking at that shallow pan of water.   Did you get your own vehicle or go out with the others at camp?