Pantanal, August 2013

pedro maia

@@pehacik, I´m not sure but I think it might be difficult to rent a car with full insurance, but why don´t you check in a broker like autoeurope, they may have offers with no exclusions, the car rental mau still charge you some things but at least you can receive the money back.

I wouldn´t gamble on renting the car at the airport, my experience tells me prices will be higher and choice of cars may be limited.

I´m also not sure about the possibility of renting a boat with a guide after arriving in Porto Jofre, it´s not like there is a village there, it´s just the end of the road with an hotel, I didn´t even see the camping place (and I don´t have any contact of the camping).

I wouldn´t risk that either.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I understand that did you booked a car in advance.

What company did you rent a car. Was not problems when returning?

No one looked for, such as a scratch, dusty car?

I never hiring the a car in South America and I have some concerns.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I understand that did you booked a car in advance.
What company did you rent a car. Was not problems when returning?
No one looked for, such as a scratch, dusty car?
I never hiring the a car in South America and I have some concerns.

I rent the car with Hertz and I didn´t have any problems when returning, but I must say that in Cuiabá I had the car washed, only the outside, because it was so dusty from the transpantaneira that I was sure they were going to charge me for that, it was quite cheap and quick.

They check the car for scratches and they also check the bottom of the car with a mirror.

Edited by pedro maia

Bringing this back up I got to see your jaguars. A jaguar kill of a giant river otter would be a little sad to witness, though it would make a good meal for the cat. You really can see the predatory look in its eyes.

"It´s hard to describe the emotion of actually seeing such a majestic animal for the first time, it´s one of those moments you can never forget and you feel the luckiest person on earth." That says it all!

Nice sequence of black collared hawk in flight shots by your daughter.