Zavora - things didn't exactly go to plan!

kittykat23uk

kittykat23uk

Hi all,

Just checking in. We are Now in Tofo. We have wifi here yippee!! :)

Can't say this trip has gone completely to plan as we have been unable to do any diving due to bad weather. :( But we have at least seen many humpback whales :)Which has been pretty special! and today we saw humpback dolphins as well :) . Also saw 4 manta rays at the surface but conditions were not conducive to snorkelling with them. We did manage to snorkel in a tidal rock pool which was quite nice. One more day here and we have another whale watching trip to do before heading to Kruger the day after tomorrow. No whale sharks have been seen recently, so not looking good for that.

Bit of a shame to bring all my dive gear and only use it for a skills refresher and an aborted dive to a site called Witches Hat, which was more like a witches cauldron, couldn't see a thing. Could hear the whales singing underwater though, which was magical! so all was not a complete loss. Poor Natalie is so disappointed that she hasn't been able to have one good dive even! :/ hoping Kruger delivers something special!

Hope you have all been behaving yourselves!

All the best

Jo

Rough with some smooth. God luck going forward, KK!

Enjoy the rest of your adventure....at least you ride with the flow ;)

Jo, hope you have a more successful rest of trip. Maybe you'll bump into @@tonypark in Kruger?

Whales singing...that must have been so special. I know the lack of dives must have been a bummer but singing whales are highlight enough for me! Deeply envious.

kittykat23uk

Yes, it was quite eerie, as we couldn't see anything down at 12 metres and all we could hear was the whale song! Sitting here eating breakfast and watching the whales breaching, can't really grumble too much!:)

Are you really seeing whales breaching as you write this, Jo? Wow! Double deeply envious and yup, no complaining :)

COSMIC RHINO

Pity things turned out like that ,weather can be unpredictable.

wish you better luck with the rest of the trip.

Jo, what are your plans from now? @@tonypark is ready for a Kruger GTG :)

Thanks for the "in the field" report! Sorry the weather didn't cooperate. That must have been special hearing whales sing. I hope that you have a great rest of the trip.

COSMIC RHINO

I am not in disguise but I like the photo GW created for me.

kittykat23uk

Now arrived at Kruger. :)

I am not in disguise but I like the photo GW created for me.

Credit to @@Jochen to that one...

• 2 weeks later...

Now sitting at Schipol airport waiting for my flight back to Norwich. :(

Blurgh!

Use that time to get the trip report rolling :)

Lol! Just sorting through all the photos will take an age! :D

I've let all the moderating jobs back up for you, so get stuck in :)

• 2 years later...

Please give us all the tips for visiting the Mozambican coast!!!!

I would love to see the amazing beaches of Mozambique one day! And snorkeling on the coral reefs. And snorkeling with whale sharks!!!

What are the different great sites in Southern Mozambique?