Pumas at Barranco Alto in Pantanal

Atravelynn

Had to post from the Barranco Alto guest computer! Such a thrill!

1 on night drive, too quick for a photo

mother and 2 cubs on a walk, couple photos taken

Great place. Rains started a little early this year--today. I was told it was a privilege to be here for first of the rains. It lasted about 4 hours.

Full report with photos in Oct.

Nice! Is that north or south Pantanal? We had a bit of rain in August when we were there!

South. @@kittykat23uk you are everywhere!

One more puma seen yesterday for a total of 5. That many puma sightings is not typical. Lots of other good stuff around too.

looking forward to see those pumas, must have been quite a thrill.

Looking forward to the full report with photos. Luck follows you around when it comes to special sightings.

Yeah if you go back again please take me with you!!

Can't wait to see the report...

I came back yesterday from Madidi in the Bolivian Amazonas. I missed the jaguar for few minutes, but I've been lucky enough to see a puma in the jungle by night, while we were trekking in the early morning to a lick at Berraco. Amazonian pumas seem to be much smaller than Patagonian ones, the face is quite different, much "thinner" than the ones from Northern America and Patagonia.

I'll write a report soon with nice pics of macaws, dolfins, caimans, anteater, southern tamandua and much more !

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah if you go back again please take me with you!!

It's a deal!

Can't wait to see the report...

I came back yesterday from Madidi in the Bolivian Amazonas. I've been lucky enough to see a puma in the jungle by night, while we were trekking in the early morning to a lick at Berraco.

We are in a very lucky club, Jeremie! Like you, just missed the jaguar. We could tell by the very fresh tracks.

I am very interested in Madidi. Have heard good things about it.

My excuse for taking my time with a report will be that I have to read all the other ones first. Lots of them from South America.

• 2 weeks later...

Atravelynn, congrats on such a fantastic experience! If you don't rememer, we have traded communication in the past about the Pantanal via Fodors. I am glad to hear that you have gone back again.

I just saw your review on tripadvisor and those great teaser pics. Can't wait to read the full report.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...