My AV of our Botswana and Namibia trip 2012

JulieM

Hi all,
I created an audiovisual of our safari to Botswana and Namibia which I thought some might enjoy watching. Here goes....

Hmmm, I thought the link would "embed" the video - but it doesn't look like it did sorry. Not sure how to do it otherwise.....

And with thanks to @@samburumags for the quote I used at the beginning....!

Thank you. What did I do wrong?

Game Warden

You had included some really convoluted Youtube link: I just grabbed the right link ;)

Ah. Cool - thanks!

Really nice Julie. i thoroughly enjoyed viewing the vid. Some very good images.

What camps & who were the guides?

@@JulieM That is great! Wonderful photos and love the music.

Is that a frog leaping into a bird's mouth?

Thanks for the responses.

@Geoff - we went to Sandibe and Nxbega in the Okavango Delta on a photography tour with @@safariguy. Fantastic trip. There are also some shots taken on our tour in Namibia. At Etosha we stayed at Ongava Tented camp - also fantastic. The shots of the night time dinner out in the field were taken there. We were the only guests and the whole staff set that dinner up for us. Really special!

@@Pennyanne - it would appear that the frog is leaping into the mouth of the bird, but actually the frog was long dead and the hammerkop was having a lovely time throwing it around. I was just lucky to catch it at that point where it looks like it was leaping to certain death!

Thank you @@JulieM for a great clip.

Just have to wait until May to get back to Africa.

Thanks Julie. That was fun.

Nice images. The hamerkop eating the frog was my absolute favorite.

Beautiful Julie.

Loved the frog and the happerkop and that rhino horn has to be one of the longest I've seen anywhere.

wonderfully put together. the hamerkop and frog pic was amazing.

Loved it! Thanks Julie... I thought all the shots were great; and definitely makes one yearn to return.

What program do you use to make the video? I may try one myself - just to send to my relatives who wonder why I keep returning to Africa :rolleyes:

Game Warden

You know it doesn't excuse you from a trip report? ;)

Haha @@Game Warden - I wrote a trip report for the Namibian section….

@@graceland - the program is a PC program called Pictures to Exe. It's fun to make, but I am such a perfectionist that they take me ages to do!!

Haha @@Game Warden - I wrote a trip report for the Namibian section….

@@graceland - the program is a PC program called Pictures to Exe. It's fun to make, but I am such a perfectionist that they take me ages to do!!

Thanks for the info @@JulieM...will take a look at it, and my perfectionist days are way over :blink:

as evidenced by my (lack) photo skills.

At the start of the video I just saw spots. Leopard and cheetah spots! The frog and the hammerkop is UNbelievable. How did that come about? Inspiring music, quotes, and sign off at the end! Just lovely!

Thanks @@Atravelynn! The frog and the hammerkop was a lucky shot - the frog was long dead and the bird was throwing it around.