Masai Mara in 100 seconds

cheetah80

Not a traditional trip report, but a video of 100 1 second clips from our 4 night trip in the Masai Mara last September whilst staying at the Porini Lion Camp. Going back in June, can't wait!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQjvrcer9Vw

madaboutcheetah

Excellent video - Thanks a lot @@cheetah80 - Who were the cheetahs in your video? Amani and Cubs?

Would love to hear more details if you can - Crowds in September; number of vehicles at sightings in the OMC conservancy and WOW - some amazing Leopard sightings too - Acacia and Fig?

Look forward to hearing more from your upcoming June visit too - and updates of all the cheetahs in the conservancy ;)

Regards

Hari

@@madaboutcheetah I will prepare a trip report as soon as I finish my KTP trip report ... falling backwards!!

The cheetahs are Narasha and her youngsters (which are now on their own if I remember correctly) and Malaika (who was pregnant at the time). There is also one male there, but I don't know his name. The Leopards are indeed Acacia and Fig. I believe Acacia was the one with the cub.

We spent a lot of time in the Olare Motorogi Conservancy which was fantastic for cat sightings. The reserve itself was quite crowded at possible river crossing points, but not that much at other sightings. Most of the time we did not even see anyone else though - I think the Porini guides did some pretty good evasive manoeuvres :)

In June I will spend 3 nights at Encounter Mara in Naboisho, 4 nights at Porini Lion and 4 nights in Entim. Obviously I will not be targeting the migration and I am hoping the reserve will be quieter.

madaboutcheetah

Thanks for the info @@cheetah80

I bet you will have a super time in June! Might still be before the crowds arrive........

Great concept. Caracal! Lots of action and all in 4 nights. I'll be interested in your comparison with June.

Most enjoyable...a great way to share a safari for those who actually wonder what we do

A question I am always asked -" What Do You DO in Africa"?

Cracks me up.

Loved the cheetahs!

We wanted to try something different to convey what it's like to be on safari - seems it's working ;) Glad you like it! Will be even more interesting when we do it for the self-drives, though most of the times the befuddled moments when things go a bit awry are rarely recorded.

Self drive should be very exciting, including the befuddling moments.

Am I the only one that got excited by the sight of the red stocking caps on the Porini guides and the sound of the Velcro opening on the tent?? :D

very impressed @@cheetah80. So much better than long boring videos and what great sightings you had.

@@cheetah80

It does work really well - you get into the rhythm of the cuts

Caracal looks beautiful

FlyTraveler

@@cheetah80 I like the concept - essentials only - short and accurate, no one will be bored while watching the video, for sure. :) Great safari trip!

Edited by FlyTraveler

kittykat23uk

That's a lot of different cats you saw! Soo lucky!! :)

Very cool. Caracal and serval must have been exciting. Also nice to see Malaika, I saw her in 2012 with a cub.

Edited by Marks