xnegvx

Continuing with my month long wildlife centric trip in India, here is the next episode. Leaving the arid plains of Rajasthan, I moved towards the mountains of Western Ghats. I started my journey there from Goa. It was a complete contrast from the earlier journey. The canopy was thick and birds were plentiful. The morning din made by the sun-birds and parrots could be my alarm at any time...

Read the trip report at: http://wildwildindia.com/?p=435

MG_0899.jpg

Atravelynn

Gorgeous stork billed kingfisher! An array of birds posed nicely, plus that giant squirrel!

michael-ibk

Thoroughly enjoying your report "series", thank you for sharing. Great pics of the Malabar Giant Squirrel, Grey Hornbill, Trogon and Stork Billed Kingfisher.

Thank you for the kind words @@Atravelynn and @@michael-ibk

It really was fun exploring various parts of Goa, in search of these beauties. I am writing the second part and hope to finish it soon.

Cheers