Brian's Art for Animals

Just saw this thread! Great videos! Really makes me feel I need my Africa fix again! I love the Ndutu vids. It is an area I know very well as I stay at the lodge every year for ten nights. I think the blonde mained lion in your video is called Puyol. He has a partner in crime called Ramos. Sadly Ramos died late last year, he had a collar but both have been hard to find for many months. It looks like they were mating with their two females. They are very near the Masek pride territory on the Ndutu lake shore. Just up and across the hill behind them is Ndutu lodge! Your videos made me homesick! Will be back there in May,god willing! Thanks for your videos and so glad you saw your Chui! My favourite animal as well,my totem animal! Took me five trips to Africa before I saw one in south Luangua in Zambia. Ahh the safari gods sometimes make you work hard!

Liked your "hippo jumping." Hope your knees did not suffer the next day. Was the big pod of hippos at Retima Hippo Pool?

Brian's Art for Animals

What a way to say so long to the Serengeti but to see so many cats in an hour or so...A scene that is on the cutting room floor is when we first arrived at the rocks, my wife's hat flew off and landed about 4 feet away from the first lioness. A jeep drove over it so our driver could reach out and get it. I thought for sure when I saw it flying in the air, it would land on the lion..so glad it didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtFjYFJDMYM

So many cats … wonderful.

I think we need an 'outtakes video' at the end showing all the little mishaps.

So many cats … wonderful.

I think we need an 'outtakes video' at the end showing all the little mishaps.

Agree!

16 lions but only 1 wearing a hat.

Cats galore, a nice farewell.

Great videos and a completely new way to present your safari to others. Excellent work.

Brian's Art for Animals

Our final stop was at the Rhino Lodge. A great place with wonderful managers and we had a nice evening watching the buffalo walk around the grounds from the safety of our porch. In the morning we took the drive down into the crater. I was amazed at how you could see all the walls from the center. The wildlife just come coming at us. We only got intoa jep jam once, as we tried to stay away from the cluster. I had a great time not only in the crater but on this entire safari.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJaPT3O6Axk

Edited by Brian's Art for Animals

Thanks Brian, I really enjoyed going on safari through your lens. Tanzania certainly delivered for you.

Love the warm enthusiasm of your videos. Good editing to make them nicely bite-sized too. Where is next?

Great video. Ngorongoro looks simultaneously so small and so enormous.

I liked the shot of the rhinos strolling in the shimmering heat. Interesting wildebeest behavior at the end of the video. I had to watch on mute (at work), so I missed any commentary, but it appeared to be reacting to the lion. Great record of behavior.

Brian's Art for Animals

Thanks for the comments!

I wish my computer wasn't acting up and the crater could have been in HD. It is always interesting to see how prey species react when they know the predators are around. It makes sense not to run right away and keep an eye on them. The lioness was actually just walking across the road to go under a tree.

As far as what's next...I will be doing a video about America's Tigers. It seems odd that we have more in American than are left in the wild. My personal feelings are why not just ban private possession of big cats- but not all feel the same.

After that, I might do a species spotlight on 1-2 animals, and then "Safari California" (which I filmed last October.) It will be a short series with hopefully more humor. And this October I go to Brazil to try to film a wild jag, and that series will start uploading the week after I get back.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-6QxKZByGM

here is the video about the American Tiger if anyone is interested. It is amazing that between sub par zoos, circus, backyards we have 3000-5000 tigers. Only a small fraction contribute anything to keeping a healthy gene pool or are at facilities giving back to wild conservation.

This is an excellent video @@Brian's Art for Animals thank you for posting it here although I think it would be better received if it had its own thread under conservation.

Can I share it FB?