Sleepless in Goa - Part 2

xnegvx

Continuing from where I left off let me share the next part of my journey with you guys again. I apologize for a long post in advance, this part of TR has more pictures (if someone minds them that is). It took me sometime to write due to mundane things like work emergencies etc, but I got there. The trip report can be found at:

http://wildwildindia.com/?p=483

Please give a minute or five to let your browser load all images when you visit the site.

MG_1643.jpg
MG_1145.jpg

Next part will be Ganeshgudi.. hope to write that one soon(ish).. Look forward to hear from you..

Cheers

Edited by xnegvx

• 2 weeks later...

@@xnegvx I have thoroughly enjoyed your Goa chapters - never thought of Goa as a wildlife destination but I can see an impressive line-up of sunbirds, kingfishers, barbets and the trogon. The river Zuari looks very peaceful and full of birding potential.

Looking forward to your next post when you have time.

Edited by Treepol

Thank you @@Treepol . Even I did not consider Goa till I started reading about the amazing bio-diversity in western ghats. It indeed opened up my eyes towards the other side of Goa. River Zuari is indeed a must if one is birding in goa. Given a chance, I will cruise on that river without a seocnd thought.

Writing about Ganeshgudi is taking a bit of time as I have to sort through my picture sets and manage work emergencies as well. Hopefully in a couple of days the trip report can be up. :-)

Cheers,

Kartik

@@xnegvx Many nice shots on your homepage!

Do toy mind sharing your lens set-up?

Hi @@KasperW ,

Thank you for the kind words. I currently use a 7D with 500mm(with 1.4x quite often), 100-400mm (with a borrowed 5d2 at times) & 70-200 f/4. For wide angle I prefer 17-40 or more likely my cell phone (which provides quite decent results for me).

Cheers

Edited by xnegvx

Hi @@xnegvx

And thanks, so all the pics of the small birds are with the 500mm (maybe with the 1.4e). No way around it if you want that IQ - I guess!

Thats correct @@KasperW, all birds are with 500mm at least ( most of them with 1.4x). Only way around would be to be able to creep closer to them. Unfortunately my fieldcraft leaves a lot to be desired :( .

@@xnegvx I try not to do to much creeping these days.

"The Former Creep King"