Botswana Green Season 2015 (Moremi, CKGR and Nxai Pan)

stevelumpkin

stevelumpkin

This will be the first of several posts covering the just completed green season safari to Botswana with Moses Ntema of Unlimited Safaris in Maun (www.unlimitedsafari.com). This was our third mobile tented safari with Moses and we spent 14 days in bush from our campsite at Second Bridge in Moremi (BOCA site) to CKKOR #3 in Deception Valley CKGR and then Nxai Pan to see the zebra migration. Some quick highlights of the trip: 41 lions, 9 cheetahs, 5 leopards, 2 wild dog successful hunts on impala, lions in trees, leopard in camp, huge zebra migration in Nxai Pan and being with a pride of 17 lions (together) for 2 days during the zebra migration. The most memorable safari of the 6 we have been on. Moses Ntema has a gift with animals - - they just came to us in a way that no one I have been with the bush can come close to matching. Just incredible - - you will see in a moment what I mean...

Just to get it all started - - if you want 10 minutes of peace to look at some of the video highlights of trip, then go to this on Vimeo...best on ipad and turn up the volume to hear the roaring lions. More to come...Steve

michael-ibk

Oh wow, wish I was in Botswana right now ... Fantastic video, thank you!

Game Warden

The video should embed directly into ST. I'll see what the problem is.

Matt

Game Warden

@@stevelumpkin There was a slight error with the coding in the Safaritalk Matrix. All sorted now :) Very nicely done!

Africalover

@@stevelumpkin - great video. Just came back from a Safari with Moses and Unlimited Tours and Safaris. Like you I had a great trip with those guys. CKGR was very dry - no rain for 3 weeks. Animals hard to find - but great to be there. Looking foreward to more. I am posting a tripreport myself.

Cheers.

Very nice vid.

stevelumpkin

Hello Africalover...when we were in CKGR about 3 weeks before you it was just getting really dry but still green...we saw 8 cheetahs in the area but none of them were in prime condition like they normally are this time of year...so very dry and setting up to a really dry dry season in The Kalahari this year...I was on the Skype with Moses last week and still no rain...dry season 2015 in Savuti could be epic...cheers...Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw you fantastic video, Steve! Absolutely stunning, to my eyes. Was it done with a DSLR?

@@stevelumpkin - great stuff, thanks for sharing! So what about a trip report and some photos now ;-)

What a brilliant video, was out there recently and we wish we were there now. Looking forward to the report.

Just stumbled on the video @@stevelumpkin, very well done and enjoyable.

Could use a few more with a trip along side; I think you'd have some readers!