Kitsafari

@@amybatt. Glad you are going back to Africa! Can't wait to see what your 2016 itinerary looks like.....

Peter Connan

I have come to this report late, and am now on page 15, but i got an error to say that I have used up my quota of "likes" for the day.

The fact that this has never happened before you should see as a measure of how good this report is! I am loving every moment, thank you all for your efforts!

On page 13 or so there is a request for ID of a little but excited bird, and I did not see a reply. I think it is a Rufous-naped Lark, but I am not promising.

The most amazing sighting for me so far (although there have been many) is the cheetah hunting lesson. Absolutely amazing!

The "not a safari this year" trip was Italy. But I was thinking of the Mara the whole time... ;) I've booked the next safari (which I should update in the 2016 planning thread) so I'll be back there in due time. This TR covers some of the same ground, so I'm thrilled the ladies shared so openly! It'll keep me going.

@@Tom Kellie, I'd gladly have a cheetah in for a sundowner or two!!

I meant to say YIKES about the whole passport debacle. That is troubling that you got so far into the airport before it was noticed. UGH.

It was the only negative to an otherwise superlative safari. YOU will have a blast. Just colorcode your passport in case there are Americans around!!

I have come to this report late, and am now on page 15, but i got an error to say that I have used up my quota of "likes" for the day.

The fact that this has never happened before you should see as a measure of how good this report is! I am loving every moment, thank you all for your efforts!

On page 13 or so there is a request for ID of a little but excited bird, and I did not see a reply. I think it is a Rufous-naped Lark, but I am not promising.

The most amazing sighting for me so far (although there have been many) is the cheetah hunting lesson. Absolutely amazing!

@@Peter Connan, so glad you joined the Ladies! I have likes left so you can borrow one or two of mine.

I liked the fact @@SafariChick caught it on her video; my skills were lacking that day but seeing it in person was wonderous.

And @@Kitsafari did as well with her photos; I caught a few snaps, only one that I liked....thats the nice part about being in the vehicle with others.

"Someone" is bound to capture the sighting; lucky for us. But it was our guide, James who knew what was happening. We owe it all to him (BIG LIKE!)

@@Peter Connan I'm so pleased you are thoroughly enjoying the trio report with so many voices running through it, just like what a conversation would have been among us three ladies. I never knew there was a cap on the number of likes!

The bird is indeed the rufous naped lark - at least what the two guides with us said! I would have never identify the bird on my own.

I'm so glad I caught the cheetah training on tape this time. I totally fluffed it when I was in Seronera, but I sure wasn't going to lose this time!

Whoops if I meant @@Kitsafari getting the vid; sorry...I know both @@SafariChick and she did quite a bit of videoing. Anyway, if one or the other - it was a great capture!

I know everyone has enjoyed it; as I certainly did.

Hope they are around for anyone going in the next few months; I'd love to see how they grow :) and commence their own hunting. Perhaps offer Mum a bite or two.

Peter Connan

Thank you ladies for an excellent trip report, I really enjoyed it.

@@graceland, I hope you brother makes a full and speedy recovery!

Thank you @@Peter Connan; we are working hard to make his years the best.

Appreciate your enjoyment of our combined report!

@@Kitsafari @@SafariChick @@graceland

Ladies, thank you for such a beautiful, epic TR. One of the best things about it is the sense of camaraderie… it is palpable throughout.

Hi @@Safaridude, You are kind and generous with your compliment, as I am sure the other ladies agree; however we were nowhere in the league of a Safaridude and Game Warden combo; just styled it (ie. Winged it) in our own chaotic way!

Both @@SafariChick and @@Kitsafari were way more judicious in their notes and photos. I tend to go to Africa, live in the moment and try to "remember it all" when I get home. Not going to change the plan that has worked for me :rolleyes: ; however I do see the value of their efforts!

Thanks for taking the time to read our adventure.

@@Peter Connan thank you for all the likes. Much appreciated, as the newly pith-ed Graceland said. If you are wondering where @@SafariChick is, she's on a safari of a different kind - in Grand Canyon!

Peter Connan

@@Peter Connan thank you for all the likes. Much appreciated, as the newly pith-ed Graceland said. If you are wondering where @@SafariChick is, she's on a safari of a different kind - in Grand Canyon!

Lucky girl!

@@Kitsafari @@SafariChick @@graceland

Ladies, thank you for such a beautiful, epic TR. One of the best things about it is the sense of camaraderie… it is palpable throughout.

Thank you @@Safaridude, so pleased you enjoyed the joint report. It's no way near the splendid joint reports from you and game warden nor from Pablo and Twaffle but I thoroughly enjoyed the company of @@graceland and @@SafariChick and we had great fun together, and that showed in our report.

~ @Kitsafari:

What? @@SafariChick has been visiting Grand Canyon?

Great!

That's a place which must be a highlight of any year.

I'm very glad that she's had the opportunity to go there.

Tom K.

Thank you @@Safaridude, so pleased you enjoyed the joint report. It's no way near the splendid joint reports from you and game warden nor from Pablo and Twaffle but I thoroughly enjoyed the company of @@graceland and @@SafariChick and we had great fun together, and that showed in our report.

~ @Kitsafari:

Having great fun together did indeed show in your delightful ‘three-in-one’ trip report.

From reading through each installment, I developed the confidence to write my own trip report for this year in Kenya.

You guys were betimes funny, adventurous, adaptable and tolerant.

What more could anyone want.

Best of all, you each had a great time and expressed how much you loved being in Africa.

Thanks again for what was a thoroughly enjoyable trip report by you, @@SafariChick and @@graceland.

It's such good writing that I've gone back and re-read sections.

Tom K.

SafariChick

@@Peter Connan thanks so much for all the likes! I hadn't been on ST for several days as I was on my Grand Canyon trip, as Kitsafari mentioned, and opened it tonight to find 73 notifications, many of which were from you! It is very heartwarming to hear you appreciated the report so much! @@Safaridude thank you too for the kind words, and thanks to everyone who commented or liked along the way! And congrats to @@graceland for her recently pith-ed status!

SafariChick

@@Tom Kellie thanks again for the comments and I look forward to reading your report. Yes, I am just back from a week visiting Zion National Park, Page, Arizona where they have the most beautiful slot canyons, and the Grand Canyon, plus some other locales along the way. Really beautiful area of our country. Went with the family on Spring Break. Even saw some wildlife!

@@Tom Kellie thanks again for the comments and I look forward to reading your report. Yes, I am just back from a week visiting Zion National Park, Page, Arizona where they have the most beautiful slot canyons, and the Grand Canyon, plus some other locales along the way. Really beautiful area of our country. Went with the family on Spring Break. Even saw some wildlife!

~ Thanks, @@SafariChick!

When I was young and foolish, I once lived for several months in St. George, Utah, not all that far from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Callow youth that I was, I never once made the brief drive to see the Grand Canyon. I've only seen it from the air, during flights from Los Angeles to points east.

Zion National Park, too?

Sigh. Sigh. Double sigh...

At the west gate of Zion was a restaurant selling ‘bumbleberry pies’. Couldn't say what a ‘bumbleberry’ might be, but they sure were tasty pies!

The scenery in Zion was breathtaking, but I had no camera as a kid.

I'm especially glad to know that you saw wildlife. North American birds, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits and the like are so nice.

Thank you for letting me know about your trip.

While writing my first trip report, I actively keep in mind the fun-loving candor with which you write. I love your writing style!

Tom K.

SafariChick

@@Tom Kellie ah yes, we drove through St. George, and my sister had stayed there when she visited Zion some years ago, but mentioned it was rather far. A shame you didn't visit the GC - hopefully you can some day. We actually saw more than the types of wildlife you mentioned - but I won't put detail in here - I suppose I should do a little trip report for this trip as well.

@@Tom Kellie ah yes, we drove through St. George, and my sister had stayed there when she visited Zion some years ago, but mentioned it was rather far. A shame you didn't visit the GC - hopefully you can some day. We actually saw more than the types of wildlife you mentioned - but I won't put detail in here - I suppose I should do a little trip report for this trip as well.

~ @SafariChick:

You've already hooked me.

A trip report from the western United States sounds like great fun to read.

Someday I'll get there. In the meantime, I'm so glad that you went, especially because it was with family.

Tom K.

@@Peter Connan thanks so much for all the likes! I hadn't been on ST for several days as I was on my Grand Canyon trip, as Kitsafari mentioned, and opened it tonight to find 73 notifications, many of which were from you! It is very heartwarming to hear you appreciated the report so much! @@Safaridude thank you too for the kind words, and thanks to everyone who commented or liked along the way! And congrats to @@graceland for her recently pith-ed status!

Thanks @@SafariChick..only took five years of reading and finally having the confidence to write on ST - never in my dreams would I think a pith would be on my avatar.

:huh: Looks like Game Warden needs to stock up; many more to come!

And happy to hear you all had a great time; look forward to the wildlife report.

@@graceland @@SafariChick @@Kitsafari

I absolutely loved this report. It was great fun to read. You all had such an enjoyable time (aside from the passport episode) and your enthusiasm comes through in the report. You also had some outstanding sightings and I'm adding this part of Kenya to my trip wish list. Thank you all so much!

And congratulations @@graceland on your status of the pith. Also I send best wishes to your brother.

@@graceland @@SafariChick @@Kitsafari

I absolutely loved this report. It was great fun to read. You all had such an enjoyable time (aside from the passport episode) and your enthusiasm comes through in the report. You also had some outstanding sightings and I'm adding this part of Kenya to my trip wish list. Thank you all so much!

And congratulations @@graceland on your status of the pith. Also I send best wishes to your brother.

Thank you @@Pennyanne for enjoying the "Ladies'" reporting styles; we did have outstanding sightings; very active! Love the Mara in February.

And I appreciate your congrats to me. ST has been quite a respite for me with the illness of my brother. Appreciate as well your wishes for him.

New colorful passport holder is on its' way!

It's about time I jump in to find out what you ladies have been up to. I'll also need to find out the Lipault reference. Maybe you all had the same luggage? I noted how it contains "pault" and I see he did too!

But first this could spell disaster for a trip. "As it worked out, my airline carrier (Singapore Airlines - who knew that a first class carrier could cancel flights booked like 5 months ahead!) cancelled my original flight on feb 9, forcing me to go a day earlier on feb 8" Not everyone could leave a day earlier. Even though the 8th was a Sunday, lots of people are scheduled to work on weekends. That's really terrible if no Feb 9 alternative was offered to you, Kitsafari! Fortunately it turned out nicely for you and gave you an extra day of safari at Emakoko.

I was right, it was the luggage. I DID NOT PEEK, I swear. I like the purple bag best! I assume all of your Lipaults are currently packed and waiting for the next opportunity.

Edited by Atravelynn