A East African Trip, Starting in Kenya, down to Cape Town

carefreesafaris

carefreesafaris

Kept doing research for safari trips that others have done and learned a lot... Felt we were prepared for our first one and only will make some minor adjustments for our next trip to Africa this fall.

So after going, I felt compelled to write a blog for newbies. Go ahead and follow the link http://carefreeafrica.blogpost.com . Keep in mind its my first try at combining pictures with writing a blog.

Lots of great photos in there! The hyena with its trophy, the guinea fowl on a branch, the leopard with the small warthog carcass (those eyes!), the three cheetahs mirroring each other, and the vibrant colors of Madagascar all deserve special mention.

Edited by Marks

Huts on the crater rim! Love your understated description!

Lots of beautiful photos, what a wonderful trip this was. That Leopard in the Mara is extraordinary! Classic Topi silhouette, love that one.

I think the "Dik-Dik" you have there in the Serengeti is actually a Steenbok

Enjoyed your pictorial report. beautiful photos, especially the leopard with the long gorgeous whiskers and the lions in the golden sunlight.

What an extraordinary trip. I especially love the lions in the trees and the trio of cheetahs, but your photographs are all good. You stated that some of your landscapes did not adequately depict the beauty of the area. In that case, it must be exquisitely beautiful indeed, because I thought those shots were almost visual poems.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

carefreesafaris

Thanks, you are right. The Dik-Dik have a black patch of hair on their heads. I corrected it and added some more Pictures.