SAFARI MALAYSIA (a video report)

Brian's Art for Animals

Brian's Art for Animals

Last year at a zookeepers conference I was asked if I wanted to go along on a debut trip of American Zookeepers to join a cat walk which is a conservation effort by MYCAT to keep the Taman Negara park safe for Tigers and other wildlife. The Malayan Tiger may be the least known of the remaining six sub species of tiger and their numbers are down to around 250. Long story short, I was totally for the idea and a year later I found myself there with 14 other keepers. Before we went into the jungle we spent a day exploring Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, which is where the video report starts. Video one finds us at the bird park. I hope you enjoy the series. For more info on MYCAT look at:http://malayantiger.net/v4/mycat

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

We also took in the local zoo which was good as in the Jungle hikes we wouldn't see much wildlife due to forest cover and the group making a lot of noise. I have heard the zoo has come a long way. The welfare of the animals looked good and it was started to get more into conservation. I would suggest a 3 hour visit to anyone traveling in Kuala Lumpur, Malayisa.

I already visited kuala lumpur zoo when i was in malaysia in 2013.The zoo was small only but well kept and decorated.For more authentic experience you can try A'famosa theme park which is out side kl city.

I'm currently living and working in KL, so very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Taman Negra.

A'Famosa Malaka @@gagan? I have heard first hand some very, very poor reports of this place.

@@Whyone? That one is a fort only .I am talking about theme park which houses a zoo also just like safati park in bangkok.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

I only like to visit places that don't over breed or let the public pose for photos with tigers and lions etc... I try to be careful to only give my money to places that have conservation in mind...but if I ever return I will look into that facility. As for the park- my next video after this one will start my journeys there. I liked the park a lot, but MYCAT does need a lot of help in keeping the poachers out so the wildlife can return. This video features my visit to the Batu Caves:

That one is good

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

and the walking part of the trip slowly begins...

• 2 weeks later...
Brian's Art for Animals

On our first day of real hiking in the Taman Negara in Malaysia we set out for a 6 hour jungle trip looking for snares and replacing camera traps. It was a very very very hot day, but anything is worth it to help the endangered Malayan Tiger.

Edited by Brian's Art for Animals