SafariChick

SafariChick

@@twaffle how nice of you to read and comment on my report! And yes, I learned that about the fasting and it meaning no meat and it being on those days as our Driver Demiss was observing that custom also. But the menu was very strongly worded that you could ONLY get those vegetarian meals on those days of the week - yet when we asked, it was fine!

Oh you're right of course, those are horses in the photo, how silly of me. I have to say that this was something that really caused me distress, seeing many donkeys AND horses so heavily laden or small cart horses pulling people in carts and being made to RUN not just trot - and everyone was holding a stick - some people actually slapped the animals with it and some used it more to wave at them to get them to move in a certain direction if walking with them - but it was very hard for me to see.

I have a lot of trip reports to catch up on but many have fallen off my feed so it's hard to find them all. At least I have lots to read!

Yes, the donkeys and horses have it very tough and it's very hard to see. I agree.

• 7 months later...

How did I miss this??  Great report and pics!!!

4 hours ago, gatoratlarge said:

How did I miss this??  Great report and pics!!!

Thanks @gatoratlarge - maybe you were on safari when I posted it! Did you see the other TRs from the same trip, one on Rwanda and one on Laikipia in Kenya?

@SafariChick  I'll check them out---I know I saw some pics from Facebook but maybe not the trip report---it's interesting these reports do not show up in the various TR for the countries even when tagged...I think it requires a separate report for each country?

@gatoratlarge hmm - I did do a separate one for each country and posted them in that country's forum but I don't remember if I did tags - I forget about tags. I will post links here: 

Rwanda: 

and Kenya:

Still keep meaning to add on to the Kenya one our last day in Nairobi at Sheldrick but haven't managed to get around to it!