Marievale - the photographer's guide

Game Warden

Game Warden

Details:

140+ Pages •Size: 52mb • Type: Interactive PDF • Compatible with iPhone/iPad (use iBooks app) • Compatible with Andorid phones and Tablets (use Adobe PDF reader) • Compatible with Windows phones (use Adobe PDF reader)

Find out more here.

Might be a useful reference for anyone visiting - @Peter Connan when are you next going and will any STer's be with you?

Matt

Peter Connan

Thanks for that link @Game Warden, I have down-loaded it and had a quick browse through. Some very good information (not to mention stunning photography) in there!

I last visited Marievale on the 3rd of June, and as I am rather snowed under at the moment, I probably won't be back before the migratory birds start arriving, unless somebody wants me to take them there.

I had some pretty good sightings of a couple of the shyer birds this time.

Black Crake:

BlackCrake1ODP.thumb.jpg.fa893eca13bea766140817745183b961.jpg

African Rail:

Rail2ODP.jpg.5434e89254d555ad9b2830e16465bbbd.jpg

And also some immature birds

Black Crake:

BlackCrake2ODP.thumb.jpg.341718c68c0994a2cd1058cb17f6cf63.jpg

Common Moorhen:

Moorhen4ODP.jpg.c69c598f29476e5bcfbb39077ce06a4c.jpg

Hottentot Teal:

HottentotODP-1.jpg.161ecb13602561034880d49785b61306.jpg

and Little Grebe:

Dobbertjie3ODP.jpg.6f43900f745aab304dd55745ed681cc2.jpg

But the outstanding feature of my day was the number of Malachite Kingfishers I saw. Although they didn't perch as close as I have seen them in the past, there were plentiful and active!

Malachite4ODP.thumb.jpg.8939a27b60deb314a21b554349d112d4.jpg

Edited by Peter Connan

offshorebirder

Nice photos @Peter Connan - particularly the adult Black Crake!

Stunning images and beautiful light!

Beautiful photos, @Peter Connan ! Please keep the e-book pdf as the link does not work for me.