The greatest wildlife spectacles in the world!

Dave Williams

It certainly was! Even better than any of the boat trips I've been on. We watched for nearly 6 hours and they were still feeding when we left.

Edited by Patty

Go Gray Whales!  Thanks for the PG monarch info, @Patty.  Nice the #s were up, but still a struggle for the monarchs.

What a great idea for a thread.

All the photos in here are absolutely spectacular!!

The starlings - wow! The wildebeest birth - wow! The snakes - wow!! Everything is wow for me!!!

Here was my little miracle :) Lil loggerhead making their way into the big wide world

rgrVHFjh.jpg

Dave Williams

@monalisa Can you tell us where, even roughly, and when so that you can think about making it a date! It's certainly a spectacle I would love to see.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

@monalisa Can you tell us where, even roughly, and when so that you can think about making it a date! It's certainly a spectacle I would love to see.

@Dave Williams Yes I can!! It's a place called Mon Repos in Queensland, Australia :)

Nesting season is approx Nov-Jan, and hatching season is approx Jan-Mar. I went in the middle of February and was lucky enough to witness both events.

If you go with a guide at night in Feb you have virtually a 100% chance of seeing hatchlings. The public are free to roam the beaches in the day time, but you have to have some luck on your side  to see them since they prefer to hatch at night. 

We were actually on our way to Lady Elliot Island. We didn't stay overnight on the island but people reported a good number of hatchlings there as well.

Do come visit Australia!! We have lots to offer! :)