Uganda/DRCongo/Rwanda Dec 2017/Jan2018

Ala13

Hello to Everyone who is taking time to read my TR.

It is first time in my life I`m writing any kind of report and English is not my mother tongue so please be patient with me..

I have been in Africa before but this trip made so big impression on me that I decide to share my experience .

I visited Uganda /DR Congo and Rwanda in end of December 2017 to middle January 2017 , I spend there 13 days.

I organized trip using Ugandan TA called Matoke Tours and I was more than happy from service I received

Itinerary :

28/12 Flight from London to Entebbe

29/12 Transfer to Kampala

30/12 Transfer to Murchison National Park /Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary

31/12 Murchison National Park /game drive+ Nile boat safari and waterfalls hike

01/01 Transfer to Kibale National Park

02/01 Morning Chimpanzee tracking and in afternoon Bigodi swamp walk

03/01 Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park and afternoon game drive

04/01 QENP / game drive in the morning and boat safari Kazinga Channel

05/01 Transfer to Mutanda Lake

06/01 Gorilla Tracking at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest

07/01 Transfer to DR Congo and to Virunga National Park

08/01 Transfer to Kibati for Mount Nyiragongo trek with overnight stay on top of volcano/I spend that

night in Goma

09/01 Transfer to Rwanda

10/01 Leisure day in Rwanda visiting Diane Fossey Gorilla Fund

11/01 Transfer to Kigali/ part of group flight to Europe

12/01 Flight to London with Rwandair

more to follow  with pictures...

offshorebirder

Thank you for posting your trip report @Ala13.   Sounds like you had a marvelous time.  

I look forward to reading about your safari - I am planning a trip in the medium term to DRC based on @Zim Girl's trip report.  

Firstly welcome @Ala13, looking forward to your TR.

Africa certainly does leave wonderful impressions.

Welcome to Safaritalk.  I’m anxious to hear more about this adventure. 

I have to admit that I never seen this destination as an attractive one ( I know how ignorant of me) but friends of mine were very persistent with this idea ( to see Gorillas!!)..so during nice weekend away in Barcelona in march 2016 we finally decide to go.

I start to looking into the offers but finally I decide I will try to organize something by myself so with help of Matoke Tours we produced this wonderful trip.

My trip started in London I used Egypt Air ( I will spare you details but I seriously doubt I will ever use them again).

We arrived to Entebbe at 3am and first night ( or rather rest of it ) we spend in Via Via guesthouse.

In the morning we were picked up by representative of Matoke Tours and moved to Cassia Lodge were we rest properly and had and lazy afternoon.

In the morning we met our wonderful guide and driver Richard and our trip finally begin.

We drove towards Murchison National Park and we stopped at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary.

In my opinion this is very nice place ,we were able to see 9 rhinos ( whole Ugandan population is 21).

Project started in in 2004 as attempt to reintroduce southern white rhinoceros to Uganda ( they were destroyed during Idi Amin regime due to excessive hunting , poaching and changes in environment)

Visit have form of walking safari with guide and armed ranger.

We were able to approach them quite close I think was about 12 meters.

Day was rather hot so most of them was sleeping and suddenly 4 stand up and just walk in front of us!!!

Whole walk took about hour and I think was well worth money and time.

It was amazing to see this precious animals so close and was not overcrowded at all .

PC300046.JPG

PC300048.JPG

PC300084.JPG

PC300103.JPG

PC300113 - Copy.JPG

20 hours ago, amybatt said:

Welcome!  Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you!

Welcome to Safaritalk, and I´m looking forward to reading more about your trip.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Warm welcome also from my side. I know how difficult is to post your first trip report; from this one all others will be much more fun :)!