Oh Kenya! November 2017 to January 2018

serendipityntravel

serendipityntravel

Hey Big Boys!......HEY BIG BOYS!!.....can I please join you for lunch?

_RGB9889.png

serendipityntravel

Aaaah....there is nothing like having a girl friend as a pillow.....

_RGB9536.png

serendipityntravel

"Roger...Pelican1 you are clear to land....."

_RGB9601.png

serendipityntravel

@Pault - Thanks.  Sometimes you have to be patient to get some good shots.  We followed the boys for several hours, while many vehicles dropped by, had enough, and left.  We were rewarded with several good photographs, and an unsuccessful halfhearted chase!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 11:29 PM, pault said:

The first picture is special! 

My thoughts exactly.

That is a very long trip Nov to Jan.  Maybe more than one trip?  Both of those months interest me for fewer visitors.

serendipityntravel

Something I have learned is that Patience can be rewarding.  I knew that there was something sleeping/hiding in the bush, and it was probably a cat, as I caught a glimpse of light brown tint for half a second (but not the spots!).  We waited there 30 minutes, while about 10 vehicles stopped by, looked at the bush, and took off within a few minutes.  I think the "thing" in the bush was never going to come out with the loud noise of several Asian tourists that dropped by and left.  It got to the point where I had to tell them to hush up.

When it was quiet, with only us left,...... he emerged.

_RGB9987.png

serendipityntravel
On 3/21/2018 at 6:06 PM, Atravelynn said:

My thoughts exactly.

That is a very long trip Nov to Jan.  Maybe more than one trip?  Both of those months interest me for fewer visitors.

@Atravelynn - I had several visitors the last week of November to the end of January, only leaving during Christmas. I was also doing some work teaching some Anti-Poaching Patrols in evidence recovery and other stuff. I am also working on a project that would enable the lifting of fingerprints from elephant tusks and rhino horn, and starting a database. I also knew that this would would be the last time I would be able to see and touch Sudan while he was alive as his health was deteriorating.  And I was right.

Yes, I love November and December (except the Christmas season, where hundreds come in!) quite a lot as there are much fewer tourists.

1 hour ago, serendipityntravel said:

@Atravelynn - I had several visitors the last week of November to the end of January, only leaving during Christmas. I was also doing some work teaching some Anti-Poaching Patrols in evidence recovery and other stuff. I am also working on a project that would enable the lifting of fingerprints from elephant tusks and rhino horn, and starting a database. Great work! I also knew that this would would be the last time I would be able to see and touch Sudan while he was alive as his health was deteriorating.  And I was right.

Yes, I love November and December (except the Christmas season, where hundreds come in! and prices skyrocket!) quite a lot as there are much fewer tourists.

• 2 weeks later...
Christopher Moran
On 26/03/2018 at 0:39 PM, serendipityntravel said:

_RGB9987.png

What a terrific photo..  very well done!

serendipityntravel
On 4/4/2018 at 5:16 PM, Christopher Moran said:

What a terrific photo..  very well done!

@Christopher Moran - Thank you Christopher, and much appreciated.  Sometimes it just pays to be patient to reap the rewards. I was so focused on the only exit from the bush for a long time to get the shot I wanted, that my eyes hurt!  Lol.  

serendipityntravel

Mother and baby at an undisclosed location.

RGB_6810.png

Edited by serendipityntravel

Just love the colours in that Pelican, had me stop and go Woooh.

serendipityntravel

Over Lake Nakuru in January.

_RGB9583.png

serendipityntravel

THE "ODD COUPLE"....going for a walk!

RGB_7434.png