Self Drive - Road Chose Me

DanielBme

I've been reading the following journey of a 2yr solo self drive across the continent of Africa and find it quite incredible.  I thought I'd share it here as it has quite a bit of useful info for self driving in each country such as visa info, gas info etc, with a link to a wiki page for overland travel in each country.  He also shares lots of great photos

http://theroadchoseme.com/africa-expedition-overview

I hope it's ok to link this here.  If not I apologize.

Peter Connan

I have also been following along. He also has an Instagram feed.

I really really would love to do something like this but I know I don't have the courage nor the technical/mechanical skills.  It always amazes me how some people can do something like this...and do it solo to top it off.  I'm only at Benin but I do wonder if he ever addresses being lonely on such a long trip.  Yes, you meet people along the way but you are still alone much of the time.

Peter Connan

In some of the later episodes he does mention being lonely, and in fact he now has his girlfriend travelling with him.

The only things stopping me from doing something like this is that I would miss my family and that I can't afford to spend so much time un-employed.