Chile's best!

jeremie

35 minutes ago, Caracal said:

More superb photos @jeremie and I'm wondering what is the species of fox/wolf/jackal which is winking at you in photo 3 above?

@Caracal this is a Southern gray fox, one species widespread across Chile. I have seen them from the Atacama desert in Northern Chile to the Patagonian arid steppe, as well ass the temperate and valdivian forests of Southern Chile.

brilliant photos @jeremie. spectacular landscapes, magnificent mammals, majestic pumas and gorgeous birds. great videos of the landscape as well.  

I watched a documentary last year on pumas, and it was similar to what you had seen - a mating pair, and suddenly another female with i think it was 3 or 4 cubs coming to feed on the kill. the difference was the cubs were so hungry they ran forward to feed, and the male allowed them (that is, if i remember accurately!). it was awesome watching it on TV. imagine if we watched that in person!

we've been wanting to do a south american trips for ages, but it takes 2-3 days to get into south america from the other side of the planet where we are, then a couple more days dealing with jet lag, so a long trip will be called for. We are just waiting to retire before we can really take a long trip of 2-3 weeks to properly enjoy some parks in Patagonia and Chile. shouldn't be long now - probably 2-3 years time!

the information and tips you've provided will be of great help. Thank you. 

I took a lot of time to edit some videos clips from two friends of mine when we traveled on the Forrest with PatagoniaForrestSafaris in 2017, here is the results! These are amazing memories, I wish I could come back there again, in winter it might be fantastic! I am also dreaming traveling to Madre de Dios Karst!